- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"Excellent location close to Junction 27 of the M4 also access to the valleys...."
"Friendly accommodating host...."
"The Rising Sun was a very good deal, very clean, excellent food and with very good management and staff, I will use it again..."
"Very friendly and welcoming...."
"Spotless good food and extremely well mannered staff and management,could not fault it...."
About the hotel
An established family run hotel offering a warm welcoming atmosphere. The current owners Mark and Jayne Chapman took over the hotel in March 2013, after Mark managed the business for the previous owners for 26 years. The hotel has an excellent reputation for good cuisine and quality accommodation.
Situated in a semi rural location, with outstanding views. We have a children's play area with patio and beer garden. There is ample free parking on site, including space for larger vehicles. The hotel is ideally suited for both the business and leisure customer. We are located very near to the M4 providing easy access to both Bristol and Cardiff. It is also an ideal base for touring the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons and the Vale of Usk. All rooms are strictly non-smoking.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Childrens Facilities - Indoor , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire , Snooker/Billiards , Clay Pigeon Shooting , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 12/10/2015 to 31/12/2017 - Our rates increase on 1st January each year. You will be charged the current rate at the time of arrival, which may differ from that currently displayed. Sorry, no check in 3pm - 5.30pm Mon - Wed. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Ideal place to stay near Newport
Excellent location close to Junction 27 of the M4 also access to the valleys.
Rising Sun Hotel
Friendly accommodating host.