- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"It’s an atmospheric hotel in beautiful surroundings. The staff were personable and the food was excellent...."
"We had a good stay here last year, and it was as good this year. The staff were very friendly, and the food was excellent.. The decor was ju..."
"Excellent staff, & hotel& grounds. Food very good...."
"We had a one night break at this hotel for our anniversary, and wish it could have been longer. A nice small hotel, full of character, with..."
About the hotel
The Kingsknowes Hotel is a beautiful Scots Baronial Mansion, built in 1869 with 12, individually furnished, en-suite bedrooms. The hotel has splendid and well tended gardens, abundant parking and is only a 15 minute walk from Galashiels town centre. The Kingsknowes is set in the heart of the romantic Scottish Borders and overlooks Abbotsford House- Sir Walter Scott's ancestral home - the River Tweed (famous salmon river) and the beautiful Eildon hills.
It is an ideal base whether you are on business, or wish to tour the area and explore the Border Abbeys and famous houses, relax in our ambient atmosphere, or enjoy golf, shooting, salmon fishing, walking or cycling and many other sporting activities. Lunch and dinner is served daily in the Courtyard Bar or in one of our unique dining rooms, and during the summer months in our original Edwardian conservatory. We are situated only 33 miles south of Edinburgh on the A7, with great transport links to other surrounding Border towns.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Fishing , Horse Riding , Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
The Kingsknowes Hotel
More a licenced restaurant than a hotel.
A beautiful Victorian building with high ceilings and a unique Georgian conservatory but seems to be geared towards functions and the reasonably priced restaurant than residents.
An enjoyable stay
It’s an atmospheric hotel in beautiful surroundings.
The staff were personable and the food was excellent.