- 8 guest reviews
"Really nice B&B with excellent hosts. Lovely big room and good breakfasts. Cromarty is just lovely with lots of nice little shops and places..."
"Mr. Matheson was conversational, knowledgeable, and extremely welcoming. (Ditto his wife, though she was out by day working.) Cromarty is a..."
"Excellent hotel in excellent location with very helpful and friendly staff...."
"Sydney House is a comfortable, spacious 19th century house with a lovely garden. Our room was large, bright and very well appointed. Our hos..."
"A lovely warm welcome of Alistair as we arrived at his and wife beautiful B & B. Our room was furnished beautifully, with what looked like a..."
About the hotel
Situated on the High Street, Sydney House is a traditional Georgian House. Built in 1849, it was once known as “Watt’s Temperance Hotel”. Sydney House has recently been renovated to a high standard.
Great care has been taken to provide comfortable furnishing in the guest rooms. Cromarty is a short drive from the Highland Capital of Inverness. It is an ideal spot to base your Highland holiday. Cromarty is considered to be the Highlands of Scotland's best preserved historic town. Whatever you are looking for whether it be the great outdoors, castles, distilleries or just peace and quiet,you will find it here. There are lots of opportunities for dolphin watching, birdwatching, hill walking, fishing and golfing all set in a backdrop of beautiful scenery. As a base for your holiday you can explore the Highlands. Day trips within easy reach include Loch Ness, Culloden Battlefield, Dunrobin Castle, The Isle of Skye and Inverewe Gardens. Sydney House offers warm, comfortable en-suite rooms with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, Wi-Fi access and digital TV's with DVD players. On a cold morning enjoy your full Scottish breakfast by the coal fire in the dining room. After a bowl of porridge, you may sample some haggis with your cooked meal. All ingredients are locally sourced.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 19/03/2014 to 04/03/2020 - Please be aware that although a credit/debit card is required to secure reservation there are no local credit card facilities. The account is payable by cash or UK cheque direct to Sydney House. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely B&B in a wonderful little village!
Really nice B&B with excellent hosts.
Lovely big room and good breakfasts. Cromarty is just lovely with lots of nice little shops and places to eat and drink.
Sydney House Bed and Breakfast
Matheson was conversational, knowledgeable, and extremely welcoming. (Ditto his wife, though she was out by day working.)
Cromarty is a very attractive small 18th century town (much revived since our last visit many years ago & with at least 2 good places to eat), with a lovely walk up the South Sutor - & attractions in the neighbourhood to keep us very happy for 5 days (including a splendid Ecoventures boat trip from Cromarty to see dolphins [& in June/July razorbills & other sea birds)
The weather was wonderful, & the area would not have looked so lovely otherwise. Also the Nigg ferry is seasonal & financially precarious