- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Clean, well decorated. Room was very nice. Overcharged for drinks on our bill when leaving, husband paid as he thought I had them, but I di..."
"Hotel rebuilt a few years ago and is ideally situated with a marvelous view across the bay. Room was excellent , with large bed and bath. Se..."
"Lovely hotel and fantastic staff who were very helpful especially when we were faced with an all day ferry cancellation. Really nice design..."
"Stayed in The Douglas for 2 nights in Aug 2013. First visit to Arran. The location of the hotel is excellent and I'm our opinion it was the..."
About the hotel
Welcome to the Douglas Hotel. Original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. .
. A touch of luxury combined with a homely charm. We opened in May 2011 after an extensive refurbishment and with a clear idea of what we wanted to provide - a hotel with a heart. We work hard to get that balance right - the perfect blend of ‘laid back relaxation’ combined with ‘professional and attentive'. Let us look after you. Super friendly and already multi award winning, we have spared no expense in creating the unique feel of 'home away from home' whilst adding a touch of modern luxury. With complimentary Wi-Fi internet access throughout, we are located (quite literally) a stone’s throw from the ferry - there really is no need to bring your car. Please do read our customer comments and press review to see what they have to say - we’re a wee bit shy and don’t like to blow our own trumpet, we prefer to let other people do it on our behalf
Showing Tuesday 5 May 2015 to Wednesday 6 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Clean, well decorated.
Room was very nice.
Overcharged for drinks on our bill when leaving, husband paid as he thought I had them, but I didn't so check charges to your room.
Excellent hotel if a bit expensive.
Hotel rebuilt a few years ago and is ideally situated with a marvelous view across the bay.
Room was excellent , with large bed and bath. Service from reception and at both breakfast and in the bar was also efficient and the staff were polite and welcoming. Food was good and reasonably priced in the bar in the evening. My only criticism of the hotel is that the cost for 2 nights of almost £300 for the two of us was expensive. It was the height of the summer season and the Commonwealth Games were on but I still think that compared to two similar hotels we stopped at during our stay on mainland Scotland it was expensive.