- 6 guest reviews
"The room was smallish, but comfortable. The downstairs lounge and dining areas are lovely. The big issue we had was that paint fumes slowly..."
"Disappointed that only smoked bacon available with the cooked breakfast as both my husband and myself would have preferred unsmoked...."
"Comfortable room, pleasant staff and a good selection for breakfast. The only minus is the lack of parking...."
About the hotel
The Deeside Inn sits in the centre of the picturesque Royal Deeside village of Ballater, at the heart of the Grampian Highlands. Our work at The Deeside Inn has included alterations to the layout of the bedrooms to create additional space as well as fully refurbishing the public areas to end up with something akin to a high quality traditional inn. Throughout The Deeside Inn period features are evident including wooden panelling, wooden beamed ceilings and Queen Victoria’s famous wooden toilet has been retained.
The scenery, history and beauty of majestic Royal Deeside attracts many thousands of visitors every year - we are confident that the comfort, style and hospitality on offer at The Deeside Inn will ensure many more visitors in the months and years to come.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 03:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Nice hotel but paint fumes were a big problem
The room was smallish, but comfortable.
The downstairs lounge and dining areas are lovely. The big issue we had was that paint fumes slowly filled the room during the night and the windows were screwed shut. Hence, no fresh air. We both had sore throats and headaches for two days after. We could smell the paint in the hallway upon check-in but it hadn't permeated the room at that stage, so we thought it would be ok. If we'd been able to open the windows in thee night, we could probably have reduced the effect. It was a very disappointing and stressful experience.
Disappointed that only smoked bacon available with the cooked breakfast as both my husband and myself would have preferred unsmoked.