- 44 guest reviews
"Wish it could have been more than one night. Excellent accommodation , the most amazing home made cakes and fantastic breakfast. Roy was cha..."
"when we arrived at 6.30pm there was no one in and everything locked. we tried landline and 2 mobiles no answer at any so ended up waiting fo..."
"This was our third visit to this wonderful b&b. From the moment we arrived, when our cases were taken to our room and a very welcome tea and..."
"this is our 2nd visit, the food, accommodation and cleanliness was again 1st rate, and the owners, were very kind considerate and friendly...."
"Very quaint place in countryside, would definitely stay again, lovely food, very clean and Comfortable..."
About the hotel
Welcome to our home, this newly refurbished Cottage is situated on the outskirts of Alderholt, with stunning views across Hampshire down towards the river Avon at Fordingbridge. To the east we have woodlands and west is the wonderful Dorset coast. .
A great place to stay near the edge of the New Forest, where you can also tour the South coast, with Bournemouth just 25mins drive away. We are in a quiet country lane, with a lovely garden where you can relax after your day and enjoy with a pot of fresh coffee and homemade cake. Destinations close to us;- Salisbury 9 miles Southampton 26 miles Dorchester 40 miles Local attractions include:- Moors Valley Country park (5 miles)- with cycle tracks/country walk guides/Go Ape/Golf course/pitch and putt/Miniature train and adventure play trail - a must for all the family! Salisbury, with its stunning Cathedral Rural walks/cycle trails - starting from Wheelers Cottage or further afield within the New Forest - catching up with the resident ponies. Fishing on the River Avon is another big attraction, along with many local lakes and rivers. Alderholt Mill - a picturesque working water mill open to the public at weekends and just yards from The Stables
Showing Monday 30 November 2015 to Tuesday 1 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Pitch n' Putt , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/06/2011 to 30/06/2020 - Please be aware that although a credit/ debit card is required to secure your reservation, payment is in cash or cheque on arrival. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Wish it could have been more than one night.
Excellent accommodation , the most amazing home made cakes and fantastic breakfast. Roy was charming and friendly and made us feel very much at home. Loved it!
customer service disappointing
when we arrived at 6.30pm there was no one in and everything locked.
we tried landline and 2 mobiles no answer at any so ended up waiting for half an hour. we felt that the owners weren't very friendly. almost like we were an inconvienience. twin room very small and you cant push beds together. have to say though breakfast was lovely.