- 21 guest reviews
"We chose The William Cecil as a stop over after travelling down from Alnwich. it also gave us a chance to meet up with a friend...."
"We were given an upgrade when we arrived. Beautiful room, fantastic bed. It was slightly noisy as we were on the side of the hotel by the ro..."
"As it was my wife's birthday, we paid a little extra to have a rather special room, even enjoying private access to a small garden area. It..."
"The housekeeping in the rooms could have been a bit better...."
"This Hotel has a cozy homely feel. We stayed in a standard room and although it was quite compact it was far from basic! We appreciated the..."
About the hotel
Ideally located just a 2 minute drive from the A1 at Stamford with quick rail links to London and the North. This luxury hotel has its own unique charm and character offering free Wi-Fi and on site parking. A popular restaurant serving delicious recipies from local fresh produce.
With a direct access footpath to walk into the parklands, this offers the perfect retreat for both leisure and business users. The hotel lies within the magnificent Burghley Estate, one of the foremost Treasure Houses of the United Kingdom. Add this to the beauty of Stamford and this must be one of the best located hotels in the country. Bedrooms comprise of Classic, Superior and Deluxe and all with comfy beds and Egyptian cotton linen, complimentary organic vodkas by your bed and wonderfully aromatic bathroom products. The interior has been completed by an award-winning interior designer, complemented by bespoke original furnishings using Burghley House for inspiration. The Restaurant offers uncomplicated seasonal tasty food, the Head Chef along with the team is keen to make the menu as equally enticing as it is simple, with something for everyone's taste. The hotel pride themselves on serving well presented food using fresh locally sourced ingredients from a variety of local suppliers. There is a small but perfectly formed wine list with a nice range of ‘bin end’ and ‘speciality’ wines. The business facilities are elegant yet practical, travelling away on business doesn’t mean you have to give up on your home comforts. Friendly and unobtrusive service characterises the approach to corporate business, particularly focused on creating a relaxing meeting space without compromising on quality. The conference and events co-ordinator is on hand at all stages to offer advice and a personalised service to help ensure your day runs smoothly. There are 3 meeting rooms which can accommodate from 10 to 120 delegates, with wireless network throughout and integrated audio technology as well as plenty of natural light. There is a whole host of interesting things to do and places to visit in and around the beautiful historic town of Stamford including; Burghley House with extensive grounds and sculpture park which are open to the public over the summer period. Burghley Horse Trials has held the autumn 3-day event on this estate since 1961 and is the longest, continuous running international event. Other local areas of interest include; All Saints Brewery and Church, Browne’s Hospital, Stamford Meadows, The Nene Valley Railway, The Barnsdale Gardens, Mid Lent Fair, Stamford Shakespeare Festival at Tolethorpe Hall, and further afield are Prebendal Manor House, Grimsthorpe Castle, Elton Hall, Peterborough Cathedral and of course the beautiful Rutland Water.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Fine for an overnight
We chose The William Cecil as a stop over after travelling down from Alnwich.
it also gave us a chance to meet up with a friend.
We were given an upgrade when we arrived.
Beautiful room, fantastic bed. It was slightly noisy as we were on the side of the hotel by the road.