- Very Good
- 33 guest reviews
"Stayed here one night, staff professional enough but the place seemed generally lacklustre. Bed was not very comfortable , room was an OK si..."
"Excellent food and a comfortable stay - our night was only spoiled by some drunk norons returning to their room after 1am and showing no con..."
"Met my expectations in terms of comfort, facilities and convenience for this price in this part of the UK. I don't like the arrangement for..."
"We found everything satisfactory and the location was convenient for us...."
"The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, the rump steak was quite tough, and although I did try to tell someone, because..."
About the hotel
If you’re looking for a hotel with character near Tring and the Chiltern Hills, this charming 19th century lodge, nestled in the ancient Aylesbury village of Weston Turville, is a great place to stay. In the 1800s, local farmers tethered their horses to the fence of the pub while they popped inside for a drink. Back then there was barely enough room for four tables.
These days, guests can enjoy much more spacious surroundings, which combine all the rustic charms of the original old English inn together with plenty of 21st century comforts. Upstairs there are 16 modern rooms while the pub, among the cosiest around, is the perfect spot to enjoy a few heart-warming drinks and some fresh, seasonally inspired food. You’ll find the village near Aston Clinton and Aylesbury, just down the road from the renaissance-style splendour of Waddesdon Manor. Nearby, you can venture into the hills along the famous Icknield Way or relive the glories of the age of steam at Buckinghamshire Railway Centre.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
85% would recommend it to a friend
Quite nice, nothing special
Stayed here one night, staff professional enough but the place seemed generally lacklustre.
Bed was not very comfortable , room was an OK size, shower was fine not much to grumble about really but not the most memorable stay. Room was quiet and relaxing.
Simple, but clean and comfortable room.
Excellent food and a comfortable stay - our night was only spoiled by some drunk norons returning to their room after 1am and showing no consideration for others.