- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"The stay was absolutely wonderful beautiful area, great customer service and quailty every where you go, a lovely cosy communcal area with a..."
"On a miserable night of howling wind and rain, there were terrible problems with rain coming in through the windows, and we were moved to a..."
"Was beyond impressed with the hotel. It exceeded all expectations. The staff were fantastic, the service exemplory. The only niggle was that..."
About the hotel
Ellenborough Park, is a majestic country house set in 100 acres of grounds situated adjacent to the famous Cheltenham racecourse in the village of Southam, just outside Cheltenham. Ellenborough Park offers the highest quality service and luxurious accommodations in the midst of glorious Cotswold countryside. The hotel boasts 60 bedrooms, with Open Plan Suites of up to 700 square foot and one Grand Suite with private dining room for 12.
All interiors are designed in a traditional yet sophisticated English country house style by internationally acclaimed interior designer, Nina Campbell. Bedrooms are located in four separate buildings, Main House, The Mews, Ellenborough Gate and Woodland Court; a short walk outside is sometimes required to gain access to your room. Guests have two dining options: AA 3 Rosette Awarded The Beaufort Dining Room and casual dining in the Brasserie. The hotel also features an award winning spa, complete with hydrotherapy pool; sauna and steam room; seven treatment rooms; outdoor heated pool, and fully-equipped gym. In addition, the luxury hotel serves as an ideal venue for conferences and weddings. Both restaurants and Spa can become fully booked during busy periods; to avoid disappointment, we highly recommend that you make your restaurant and Spa reservations prior to arrival. Ellenborough House has a rich history. Built in the late 15th Century, the house was bought and renovated in 1831 by Edward Law, Earl of Ellenborough and former Governor General of India. Upon his death in 1871, the house was let to a series of tenants until sold in 1947 and became a private school for girls and now as it stands - AA 5 Star Hotel, Ellenborough Park.
Showing Monday 5 October 2015 to Tuesday 6 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Outdoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/04/2014 to 28/04/2023 - Please note the hotel accept pets for £25 per night and by prior arrangement. Please be advised that Beaufort Restaurant is fully booked for Valentine's Day. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The stay was absolutely wonderful beautiful area, great customer service and quailty every where you go, a lovely cosy communcal area with a fire, staff provide you with all you need during your stay, no complaints except from the weather but unfortunately no one can control that!
Staff couldn't do enough.
On a miserable night of howling wind and rain, there were terrible problems with rain coming in through the windows, and we were moved to a different room without a fuss.
We were relieved to be in the main hotel as we were drenched walking to the main building - this would have been a lot worse in a dress and heels!.
All the staff, from reception, to waiters, dining room staff and managers have been trained to within an inch of their lives to serve with courtesy and professionalism, and it shows; very impressive.
My only comments are that 1, there needs to be a little background music in the restaurant, it is deathly quiet with just a few people in there and you feel like you have to whisper so not to be overheard. 2, I made a note with my restaurant booking that was not observed and had to be pointed out, and 3, we couldn't believe we were being seated within 3 feet of the only other couple in the restaurant, how awkward would that have been - esp. given the deathly silence in there!. However, we would have no hesitation in returning; hopefully with more clement weather!