- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"The Bear is an old hotel and, as such, is not all glossy paint and modern glitz, but it is maintained to a good degree of cleanliness and co..."
"The staff are attentive and friendly upon arrival. The building has so much charm from being so old, and the room is decorated in a style th..."
"Comfortable hotel, excellent breakfast..."
"Receptionist not very helpful and rather off hand. The hotel good for its age, in a very nice location. Comfortable in the bar and rooms. We..."
"Nice old style hotel. Not sure if it would be everyones cup of tea but we enjoyed the none chain hotel feel for a change. Room was little ti..."
About the hotel
Ideally located in the heart of bustling Devizes, this historic property offers Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking and an excellent onsite restaurant. The building’s original 16th century charm still exists in the bedrooms, while free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with Freeview, direct dial telephones and comfortable beds are provided to compliment the appeal of the rooms. Open seven days a week, the Bear Grills Bistro is an informal option with an exciting menu for lunchtime and evening meals.
In summer months the courtyard is an ideal place to relax
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
The Bear is an old hotel and, as such, is not all glossy paint and modern glitz, but it is maintained to a good degree of cleanliness and comfort, and all of the staff were friendly and helpful.
It has lots of steps/stairs between areas, so if you have a mobility problem you will need to be careful. The hotel is well situated for a visit to Devizes, and has a barrier controlled car park to the rear. Excellent breakfasts.
Would definitely recommend
The staff are attentive and friendly upon arrival.
The building has so much charm from being so old, and the room is decorated in a style that compliments that. The booklet in the room was helpful with all the menus, times and prices along with information of local interests. Parking in the back of the hotel which was one of the reasons I chose this place. Lots of tea and coffee options in the rooms.
The breakfast was amazing, so much choice I had 3 courses. The breakfast staff couldn't have been more helpful either. The only reason for knocking a star off, is the cover that went across the bed was very stained and spoilt an otherwise perfect room.