- 19 guest reviews
"We were very satisfied with our room, the food & the friendly helpful front of house staff. The only negative was that being a very popular..."
"Lovely welcome from Joella. Nice touches of personal thoughfulness in the room. Fresh milk in the small fridge and nicely conceived refreshm..."
"Wonderful stay. Breakfast superb. Room ideal. Thank you..."
"Great little B&B in the center of the village. Not really a pub but more of a bar below but there is a nice pub across the road. Breakfast w..."
"Have stayed more than once here. The room is fabulous. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Food is beautiful. Slight downside is the music do..."
About the hotel
Located at the centre of the picturesque village of Great Missenden, Origins has three rooms to let; all newly-decorated and furnished, each with brand new en-suite, their own digital TV and wireless internet access. The rooms are above an upmarket, vibrant wine bar / restaurant, serving international tapas and offering an exquisite selection of wines and cocktails.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/09/2012 to 30/09/2018 - Please note: There is no check - in between 3pm and 5pm. Sundays - 12pm to 3pm only. If you need to check in between these times please contact us. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Origins at the White Lion Great Missenden - great place to stay & convenient for Roald Dahl Museum
We were very satisfied with our room, the food & the friendly helpful front of house staff.
The only negative was that being a very popular & successful wine bar & restaurant, there was a lot of noise of voices & music until midnight on Friday & Saturday evenings & it wasn't possible to consider getting to sleep before midnight, On Saturday night we were kept awake after midnight by noisy staff running up & down the stairs talking loudly & raised voices from the kitchen, which was below our room. The room was really clean & comfortable & newly fitted out, However the stair carpet up to the first floor was covered in grease stains, as the kitchen staff had a mess room on the first floor & they must have grease off the kitchen floor on the soles of their shoes ; this didn't create a good first impression. The accommodation would not be suitable for children or those wishing to retire early. Anyone wanting to eat or drink until midnight in the bar would be well fed & very happy, but no so good for early birds spending a quiet night in front of the TV or with a book. Parking was at a premium, but we were fortunate enough to secure a space each day. I would recommend this place with reservations.
Lovely welcome from Joella.
Nice touches of personal thoughfulness in the room. Fresh milk in the small fridge and nicely conceived refreshment table with free spring water. Spacious room with work table, efficient and speedy wifi and very comfortable bed and easy bathroom. Imaginative and tasty continental breakfast Swiss Savoie style a la Annecy and easy, friendly service. Made my visit to a nearby birthday party easy and adaptable. Easy access to Missenden Abbey and Park, with South Bucks walkway - so I could exercise late and early in the day. Shall certainly visit again. As set for Midsomer Murders scenes, I thought I recognised the delightful ancient street. Some late bar noise on Saturday night but people having fun is for me, a quiet bachelor ancient, no problem once in a while.