- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"Food was lovely in the evening. Service at breakfast could have been better. It was a bit slow and had to ask for milk and butter...."
"The room was very clean with a huge and very comfy bed. Everything that we needed was provided and as it is a very old building the rooms ar..."
"Well situated for all the town's amenities and surrounding areas attractions. Spacious room, comfortable beds and friendly staff. Limited ca..."
"I booked this B&B so I could visit family in Stamford, I chose it based on location (it's very close to the centre of town, but far enough t..."
"What a little gem the Bull and Swan is, from the friendly greeting on arrival right through to check out, we were looked after like royalty...."
About the hotel
Once upon a time there was a drinking club at Burghley House. It was founded by The 5th Earl of Exeter in 1684 and it was called The Honourable Order of Little Bedlam. It had an eclectic bunch of members: The Baptist Earl of Gainsborough was known as Greyhound, The Hon Charles Bertie was The Stag and The Earl of Denbigh was Tyger amongst other nefarious characters.
We are not sure who The Bull (rumoured to be The Hon Charles Cecil) and The Swan were and nor are we sure that the club dined at this historic Stamford Public House. . . . but it is highly likely they did. They would have drunk locally brewed ales, feasted on Burghley Estate and other local produce and created total bedlam. Things have a habit of coming round and we look forward to inviting you to dine on our local produce, sup our fine ales and obviously behave very, very well! PS Sorry - forgot to say that we have the best kept secret in Stamford –amazing bedrooms. . . . 9 of them. . . . incredibly comfortable. . . . great size. . . showers and baths and rather good value.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Bull and Swan
Food was lovely in the evening.
Service at breakfast could have been better. It was a bit slow and had to ask for milk and butter.
The room was very clean with a huge and very comfy bed.
Everything that we needed was provided and as it is a very old building the rooms are decorated to suit an old building, so do not expect modern furniture.