- Very Good
- 27 guest reviews
"Really nice accomodation attached to a pub serving exceptional food...."
"Stayed here around 18 months ago and had a great time. Decided to go back for valentines weekend as we love the area and the hotel. Was not..."
"Very friendly staff, excellent food, perfect weekend get away..."
"We spent two nights here and cannot recommend it highly enough the accomodation was excellant, the staff warm friendly and extremely helpful..."
"Excellent overnight stay. Nice room, comfortable beds, delicious meal. Only downside shower suddenly went cold...."
About the hotel
The Millingbrook Lodge is located adjacent to the George Inn, where a selection of fine Cask Marque Real Ales and great meals including a choice of breakfasts are available and on Sundays there is an all-you-can-eat carvery at the George Inn. The Millingbrook Lodge was designed to reflect the Victorian style of the local buildings and the George Inn. The Millingbrook Lodge offers excellent accommodation with 14 individually styled, en-suite bedrooms all with a flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, free Wifi 24 hours a day and most rooms have charming features like exposed brick walls.
Breakfasts are bookable upon check-in which is at the George Inn adjacent to the Millingbrook Lodge and you can choose on the morning which breakfast you would prefer. A Continental Breakfast is £4. 50 per adult up to a Full English which is £6. 95 per adult. Children’s breakfasts are £3. 50 per child. (No food will be served on Christmas Day). Free parking is also available in the private on site car park and we can now offer a secure bicycle storage area which is covered by CCTV (upon request). The George Inn & Millingbrook Lodge is ideally located on the A48 in the centre of Aylburton, which is close to the town of Lydney on the edge of the Royal Forest of Dean. It is also within close proximity to Chepstow on the Welsh boarder and Cardiff, Gloucester and Cheltenham are within easy reach by public transport or by road. A wide range of activities to suit everyone are available close by such as Go-Ape, canoeing, golfing, cycling, walking and much more can be discovered within the Forest of Dean and surrounding areas. The Millingbrook Lodge is the ideal place to stay for great service, a lovely welcoming room and you’re more than welcome to try our meals and have a drink with us in the George Inn. Check in is from 2. 00pm & check out is by 11am. Free daily housekeeping is available except on Christmas Day. For more information please see our website at www. millingbrooklodge. com.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/12/2014 to 25/12/2014 - No food will be served on Christmas Day. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Really nice accomodation attached to a pub serving exceptional food.
Second time around and even better
Stayed here around 18 months ago and had a great time.
Decided to go back for valentines weekend as we love the area and the hotel. Was not disapointed the food was excellent, had dinner on the Saturday night and the Lunch time Carvery on the Sunday. As for the breakfast one of the best, compliments to the chef.
Made to feel very welcome by all staff and looking forward to going back again.