- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"This room was in a beautiful setting, the countryside and lakes surrounding are lovely. It was a bit hard to find without an address. It's f..."
"Really enjoyed my stay at The Countryman Inn. Staff were very friendly and the food was superb. Set in beautiful surroundings made for a ver..."
"Will definitely be booking a stay here again...."
"Very clean an the owner were friendly and helpful..."
"The owner Barbara really looked after myself and mum all of our requests were taken care of The food was lovely we had full English each mor..."
About the hotel
A warm welcome awaits you at the Countryman, situated within Tri-Nant fishery and set in 45 acres of quiet secluded, spectacular countryside. We are close to the M4 Motorway junction 34, Ynysmaerdy Industrial Estate in Llantrisant and the Royal Glamorgan Hospital. The Countryman offers you 'standard' or 'luxury' 4 star en-suite double, twin, disabled or family rooms, with digital Television, beverage making facilities and ample Parking.
The Countryman has a fully licensed Restaurant offering;- our 'Fine Dining' menu, extensive Wine and Champgne list, Bar Meals and not forgetting our legendary Sunday Roasts, with homemade Yorshire pudding and fresh seasonal vegatables. All our meals are home cooked in the traditional way using the best of ingredients. Please note that the restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday nights. There are also three coarse fishing lakes with Carp over 25lb in weight, tickets to go fishing are available to guests at extra cost. Many of our guests return time after time to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, friendly welcome and 'Fine Dinning' Restaurant. There are many attractions to visit in the locality, Cardiff City Centre for shopping or nights out, St. Fagans history museum, Castle Coch, Rhondda Heritage centre, Cardiff Castle, Caerphilly Castle. We are also in easy reach of Porthcawl and Barry Island seaside resorts, we are approximately an hours drive from Swansea and the Gower Coastline, and much more. We are easily reached from the M4 motorway approximately a 10 minute drive, and around 20 minutes from the capital city of Cardiff. For more information on events, weddings, our menu's or B&B, please visit our website:- the-countryman-inn. co. uk We hope to welcome you soon! (Please note: if your arrival time is after 6pm or a room is booked late in the evening please Telephone to confirm your arrival time. )
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/11/2012 to 30/11/2016 - (Please Note: Credit cards will incur a 2% charge upon payment.) Please note that the restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday nights. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Countryman Inn
This room was in a beautiful setting, the countryside and lakes surrounding are lovely.
It was a bit hard to find without an address. It's far off the main road. The owners were accommodating when we arrived late in the evening. They were kind and the room was simple, clean, and all we needed. Breakfast was better than fair, but not amazing either, although they were courteous and quick to take our order and bring it to the table. I cannot fault Countryman. The only worst disappointment was coming into our room filled with midges. The bugs were covering the light and ceiling, hundreds of them and we had to turn lights off and bat them all out of the room for fifteen minutes as we stood tired and in the darkness, before we could feel ok about lying down to sleep (on beds with rollers--I would have preferred a stable bed--but it was fine). I understand it's the country and bugs are inevitable, but I had to wonder if plug in bug repellants (or the likes) would have helped. The room had toiletries and coffee, which was nice. I would be happy to return there. I'm sure people who enjoy fishing would really appreciate the place.
Really enjoyed my stay at The Countryman Inn.
Staff were very friendly and the food was superb. Set in beautiful surroundings made for a very relaxing stay.