- Very Good
- 73 guest reviews
"Nice quiet hotel and lovely view of Swanage Bay ! hotel was very warm and had to keep turning the heating off in the room and opening window..."
"Friendly staff, clean and spacious bedroom, great location for the beach...."
"Hotel was great a little bit tired but it's situation so close to the sea made up for that breakfast was a big disappointment service was po..."
"Booked for Valentine's treat, fantastic views, clean room, a bit disappointed spa not open till 10am on Sunday as chose this hotel for facil..."
"We have stayed at The Grand many times over the years and it is always very relaxing. My husband and I feel very welcome each time we stay t..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel nestles in the heart of the beautiful Isle of Purbeck, commanding a majestic situation providing a most spectacular view across Swanage Bay and Peveril Point. Many of the rooms and public areas take advantage of these delightful views, where you can relax enjoying a drink, read complimentary newspapers and magazines. All 30 bedrooms are individually decorated complementing the ambience of a time gone by.
A lift serves all floors including lower ground where there are full leisure facilities. All bedrooms are individually styled and furnished in keeping with the ambience of the surroundings, some of which enjoy wonderful seaviews. Rooms also offer; tea and coffee making facilities, colour television, hairdryers and telephones. FREE WI-FI IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL. The Restaurant offers fine cuisine, using only the best of fresh local produce to give exciting and innovative cuisine indulging the palate in mouth watering delight. Also there is an extensive bar list on offer in addition to the restaurant menu. The Cocktail Lounge offers a cosy view of the bay and is equipped with deep comfortable sofas where guests can sit back and enjoy all there is to offer, including a large variety of beers, lagers, ciders and keg bitter. Also a large selection of red and white wines, plus sparkling wine and champagne. Burlington Health and Fitness Club located on the lower ground floor of the hotel includes a plunge pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, aerobics machines and extensive weight room, which are free of charge for guests to use. Also there is an array of holistic and traditional massage along with a complete selection of beauty treatments are offered by fully qualified masseurs and beauticians. Aerobics classes for different age groups take place throughout the week (please check for times and availability), and the ping pong table is always ready to use. Dorset and the Isle of Purbeck offer so many great days out, if your feeling adventurous you can enjoy rolling down a hill in a giant inflatable plastic ball (a Zorb), hiking along the renowned Jurassic coast line, visiting the many historic sites and landmarks, or tasting the award-winning Chococo chocolate at their factory and shop located minutes away in the town centre. Also Poole and Bournemouth are just a short distance. The most difficult thing will be deciding where to go first. PLEASE NOTE CHECK IN ON SUNDAYS IS 3:00PM
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/04/2010 to 29/04/2019 - PLEASE NOTE CHECK IN ON SUNDAYS IS 3:00PM The LateRooms.com rates for Grand Hotel Swanage in Swanage are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Grand Hotel Swanage
Nice quiet hotel and lovely view of Swanage Bay .
hotel was very warm and had to keep turning the heating off in the room and opening windows to cool it down . not as good when it was a best western hotel but American owned . say no more . £20 for a bottle of wine . laughable . sainsburys in wareham . got four bottles for the same amount of money . always go bed and breakfast . much cheaper to eat out and nicer food round the area . the restaurant is far to expensive !
Friendly staff, clean and spacious bedroom, great location for the beach.