- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"I stayed 2 nights after traveling up for a job interview. My booking had been upgraded to an executive double room with a huge en-suite show..."
"Somewhere between excellent and superb, I couldn't fault this hotel, food deserves special mention...."
"I booked very late for this hotel, was uncertain if when I had to be in Edinburgh. Got the last single room available, it was small but perf..."
"I mistakenly booked a twin room, there were no doubles left. We received a free upgrade to the James Suite. This was amazing and very much a..."
About the hotel
Set within the mature, leafy Victorian suburbs to the south of Edinburgh city centre, The Royal Ettrick Hotel provides the perfect getaway from the bustle of the city whilst still being within walking distance of The Old Town. This popular residential area of the city has housed some of its most famous inhabitants, past and present including Harry Potter author J. K.
Rowling and John Napier, the inventor of the decimal point! Built in the 1860's as the grand home of a rich Edinburgh barrister, The Royal Ettrick remained a private residence until it was converted into a hotel during the 1940's. The hotel offers 21 bedrooms situated across all three floors of the property and the upstairs accommodation is accessed via the original ornate staircase. All rooms benefit from conveniences such as en-suite bathrooms, televisions and Tea & Coffee making facilities. Upon arrival to the hotel you will be greeted at reception by our friendly staff who will do their utmost to ensure your stay is relaxed and enjoyable. In the morning a full Scottish cooked breakfast and continental selection are served in The Conservatory Bistro on the ground floor. Flooded with natural light and with views across our private garden which can offer al fresco dining (weather permitting), The Conservatory Bistro offers a full menu throughout the day with restaurant dining in the evening. The hotel also houses The International Bar, offering true Scottish colour and character with a traditional pub feel and broad range of regular customers and guests alike, serving a wide selection of food and drinks you can be sure to find something new and enjoyable. With our private car park and ease of access to the Edinburgh bypass any travelling is simple and relaxed. Superb public transport links also service the hotel with two main bus services into the heart of the city stopping directly in front of the hotel, with Waverley Train Station under 1. 5 miles away and Edinburgh Airport only 5. 5 miles away all travel and connections are quick and easy.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
I stayed 2 nights after traveling up for a job interview.
My booking had been upgraded to an executive double room with a huge en-suite shower/bath (and heated floor!). I absolutely loved my stay here. Staff were friendly, food at the bistro restaurant was good and reasonably priced. The included breakfasts were tasty and generously portioned. Off road parking was convenient. The bed was so comfortable that I had the best nights sleep I've had for years, with no outside disturbance or noise. Better than home unfortunately. I now wish I had allowed a few extra days here before traveling back. But after my stay here I think I will probably come again this time for a proper holiday.
Royal Ettrick Hotel