- 20 guest reviews
"A relatively large site in an ideal location for access to main roads to all of Teesside and North Yorkshire. Good parking. The hotel is pro..."
"Basic budget hotel. Booked a single room but was given a double. Ensuite but no shower. Room came with TV and kettle. Good WiFi. Fantastic c..."
"We have stayed here before and will again. Not the grandest but very helpful staff. A lovely park very close by...."
"It was out dated but the bedding was fresh n clean The walkways were smelly and carpets dirty There were cobwebs in the bedroom all over t..."
"Staff excellent, very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is in need of a total refurbishment and is looking quite shabby. For the money..."
About the hotel
With 50 en-suite bedrooms, The Marton Hotel & Country Club is positioned at one of the premier sites in the region. Transport links for the hotel make it equally accessible from both the North and South of the country. Situated just 2 miles from the A19, eastwards along the A174, at the Junction of the A172 the hotel boasts a 300 CCTV monitored car park for easy and comfortable parking.
The ever popular restaurant serves traditional, home cooked fayre, and offers a 2 course menu from as little as £6. 95. The function facilities within the hotel also make it the perfect venue for conferences, parties and special occasions. With Captain Cook’s birthplace located just behind the hotel, we are at the start of the Captain Cook Trail, journey along the local roads and pathways, and see where he lived his early life. Day trips from the hotel are easy to plan, and you can marvel at the splendour of the North Yorkshire Moors and the quaint villages along the route to the coastal town of Whitby, with it’s stunning maritime views, preserved ruined Abbey, wonder at the association with ‘Dracula’, or head north and relive those nautical times with a trip to Hartlepool’s Historic Quay. You could enjoy the quiet and calm of one of the many sanctuaries and reserves, including the award winning RSPB reserve at Saltholme, situated only 6 miles from the hotel. The hotel is located 8 miles from the lively village of Yarm, 4 miles from the town centre of Middlesbrough and 15 miles from Durham Tees Valley Airport.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
55% would recommend it to a friend
A relatively large site in an ideal location for access to main roads to all of Teesside and North Yorkshire.
Good parking. The hotel is probably in a quandary with regard to needing a lot of spending on updating décor and decoration. Hence the competitive price. However, the staff are very friendly and everything is perfectly clean.
The room i was given was utterly disgusting.
There was a Foul smell coming from the toilet
The Bath wasn't clean. There wasn't even a toilet roll provided.