- 79 guest reviews
"Staff excellent, very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is in need of a total refurbishment and is looking quite shabby. For the money..."
"Staff polite, and very helpful, and the room so nice and warm on a cold winter evening - a pleasant stay...."
"Had to move rooms twice during a four night stay - firstly because of no WiFi access, and secondly because of water pouring through the bath..."
"There was some smell in room. Apart from that everything was perfect and of good standard...."
"easy to find and the receptionist was friendly and helpful . the bedroom was a good size with a four poster bed and a good size tv, it had a..."
About the hotel
With 50 en-suite bedrooms, The Marton Hotel & Country Club is positioned at one of the premier sites in the region. Transport links for the hotel make it equally accessible from both the North and South of the country. Situated just 2 miles from the A19, eastwards along the A174, at the Junction of the A172 the hotel boasts a 300 CCTV monitored car park for easy and comfortable parking.
The ever popular restaurant serves traditional, home cooked fayre, and offers a 2 course menu from as little as £6. 95. The function facilities within the hotel also make it the perfect venue for conferences, parties and special occasions. With Captain Cook’s birthplace located just behind the hotel, we are at the start of the Captain Cook Trail, journey along the local roads and pathways, and see where he lived his early life. Day trips from the hotel are easy to plan, and you can marvel at the splendour of the North Yorkshire Moors and the quaint villages along the route to the coastal town of Whitby, with it’s stunning maritime views, preserved ruined Abbey, wonder at the association with ‘Dracula’, or head north and relive those nautical times with a trip to Hartlepool’s Historic Quay. You could enjoy the quiet and calm of one of the many sanctuaries and reserves, including the award winning RSPB reserve at Saltholme, situated only 6 miles from the hotel. The hotel is located 8 miles from the lively village of Yarm, 4 miles from the town centre of Middlesbrough and 15 miles from Durham Tees Valley Airport.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 23/09/2010 to 31/12/2013 - Cancellations are not charged with 24 hours prior notice (i.e. 1pm the day BEFORE arrival. Payment by Credit Card or American Express is subject to a transition fee. The LateRooms.com rates for The Marton Hotel and Country Club in MIDDLESBROUGH are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
49% would recommend it to a friend
Handy for James Cook Hospital
Staff excellent, very friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is in need of a total refurbishment and is looking quite shabby. For the money we paid, I can not complain and can say compared to other hotels in the area it was good value for money. The breakfast was not brilliant quite, eggs dry and unappetising, sausage not very nice and bacon if you are lucky enough to get it just as it has been put in the hotplate is nice but if it has been in too long dries up. The room was adequate and for the price paid no complaints. My daughter and I stayed here as my husband was in James Cook Hospital having by pass surgery and so it was convenient without paying a fortune. For this type of purpose I would recommend the hotel but not for a holiday, I would probably look for somewhere more comfortable.. As I have already said the staff were excellent and can not fault them. They were doing a great job. I would stay again if it was for the same type of reason as stated above. This is the second time in 12 months I have stayed here but the last experience was not as good as the first, like I said the hotel could do with a good revamp.
The room allocated was cold and smelt of disuse.
The sheets were clean but only one set of towels provided. The toilet facilities were substandard. The bath was unclean and stained with lime scale. The toilet lacked privacy. I had indicated on reservation that I needed extra blankets, but on arrival none were provided. When requested, I was provided with a couple of 'bed covers' and not blankets. The gentleman delivering these covers was less than polite and literally dumped these in my hands at the door!!. I was familiar with this hotel when it had a high standard in the 80's. I was a resident in Marton but have relocated in Oxford. It was a disappointment to return to my familiar hotel and see it substandard. I should have chosen differently,even though it was only for one night.