- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"Hotel check in should be 3 but due to nature of visit we needed to book in earlier. Staff were helpful and sorted this for us. Lovely locati..."
"Accomodation is a bit dated and could benefit from a wee spruce up, however if you enjoy the grandeur of this vintage style then this hotel..."
"Stayed here years ago and st the time needed improvement, pleased to say it has improved in staff, food and cleanness..."
"Extremely good value, staff were genuine and helpful, room hit all the marks and had a bath which we liked. The location is very special and..."
"We stayed for 1 night. The check in was pleasant without being over fussy. The hotel is a bit run down but it has a lot of character. The ro..."
About the hotel
Welcome to the Birnam Hotel. Style, elegance and good old-fashioned Scottish hospitality is what the Birnam Hotel is all about. Located in the stunning Perthshire countryside in the heart of Scotland, the Birnam Hotel is the ideal location.
It is well renowned for hosting weddings and large functions in the magnificent Baronial Hall and smaller functions in its many other suites which now includes Beauty by Lennox our beauty salon offering a wide range of Guinot treatments from manicures to facials with our fully trained beautician - the Birnam Hotel has it all. A truly warm welcome awaits you at the Birnam Hotel. All rooms are individually and tastefully decorated and care has been taken to compliment the hotel's unique style. The rooms have en-suite facilities with colour satellite television, direct dial telephone, and welcome hospitality tray. NB Please note that we only have two rooms allocated for guests who wish to bring their dog, this must be pre- booked - £10. 00 per night charge directly to the hotel. Single occupancy room bookings which require a double bed will be charge supplement of £5. 00 payable directly to the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- Golf 18 Hole , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Bowls , Fishing , Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel check in should be 3 but due to nature of visit we needed to book in earlier.
Staff were helpful and sorted this for us. Lovely location and easy to find. No parking issues and nice hotel.
Overnight stay at Birnam Hotel
Accomodation is a bit dated and could benefit from a wee spruce up, however if you enjoy the grandeur of this vintage style then this hotel will not disappoint.
With it's large sweeping staircases and retro style elevator, it is something akin to Disney's, Tower of Terror, only missing the sombre bell hop to complete the scenario. On a more pragmatic note, the shower left a lot to be desired as it struggled to give anything like a water pressure that would awaken and revive a weary traveller from their slumber, never mind to invigorate them for the day ahead.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the full Scottish breakfast fully satisfied throughout our day of walks and kept us going until dinner. We were only booked for one night B&B and were moving on the next day.