- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"A one night stay to visit someone in Aldeburgh and to go to Minsmere. Seemed ideal location for the night. But found a lovely welcome, large..."
"Golf club. Good breakfast. Surreal village. Great moon walk to Aldeburgh and back. Excellent village pub...."
"The room with view onto the golf course was lovely. They were kind to our dogs and brought them both a sausage for breakfast and there were..."
"A decent play to stay. Some areas require some modernising and perhaps a little more attention to detail (one of our light bulbs was red)! B..."
About the hotel
The hotel located on the edge of this unusual and quirky seaside village is only a few minutes from the beach and adjacent to the famous Thorpeness Meare. Built in the 1920's as part of an Edwardian holiday village the hotel offers recently refurbished facilities incorporating 36 en-suite rooms, two bars and a restaurant, drawing room, library and snooker room. The atmosphere is in keeping with the traditonal and original concept but with modern facilities and 3 star standards.
Some bedrooms overlook the well known and challenging 18 holes golf course, and several the Meare and gardens. The terrace is ideal for al fresco dining or a pre dinner drink during the warmer months. Menus feature fresh local produce either for full dining in the restaurant or for a lighter menu in the Patio Bar. Wines and beers are supplied by Adnams of Southwold who are well know for quality, including local Suffolk cider, Broadside Beer and award winning wines. The hotel offers excellent golf, and cycle hire all year round and in the Summer rowing boats. The fashionable seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold are well worth a visit, or browse the home and gardens shops at Snape Maltings, home of the Aldeburgh Music Festival. We look forward to welcoming you to Thorpeness.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Golf 18 Hole , Croquet , Tennis Courts , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely setting. Nice big room,
A one night stay to visit someone in Aldeburgh and to go to Minsmere.
Seemed ideal location for the night. But found a lovely welcome, large room with balcony, good bathroom and huge bed. The smoked kippers for breakfast were superb. All in all wished we had booked longer and would return when in the area again.
Good breakfast. Surreal village. Great moon walk to Aldeburgh and back. Excellent village pub.