- 30 guest reviews
"The pub is set in a rural location but was ideal for my meeting in Harlow the following morning. The menu was fairly extensive and the quali..."
"While travelling in this part of the congested country (M25) I tend to travel during the evening to avoid congestion. Now this little place..."
"Cosy bed, good shower and a pretty location. It also has a fridge in the room which is a massive plus when you are always working away...."
"A country small village pub with accommodation chalet style. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Accommodation beautifully clean and..."
"A real find. Excellent accommodation - spacious, clean, comfortable and with a fridge! Staff very friendly. Only v. slight issue - please pu..."
About the hotel
The Fox Inn is an 18th Century pub, set in the peaceful village of Matching Tye. Staying at The Fox Inn gives you all the peace and quiet of the country side, while only being a short 10 minute drive away from Harlow Town Centre, Harlow Train Station and the M11, giving access to the M25 and London. Stansted Airport is 15 minutes away with Epping train station, which is on the London Underground Central Line, being within 20 minutes.
All rooms are non-smoking and have an en-suite bathroom. Television, tea and coffee making facilities, telephone and internet connection, and continental breakfast is also included.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The Fox Inn
The pub is set in a rural location but was ideal for my meeting in Harlow the following morning.
The menu was fairly extensive and the quality of the food was good. There was also an impressive range of beers and lagers available. The accommodation is set at the back of the pub and it was clean and comfortable. There was a fridge in he room with milk and orange juice for the continental breakfast, ideal for an early departure.
Little hidden gem on the road
While travelling in this part of the congested country (M25) I tend to travel during the evening to avoid congestion.
Now this little place is perfect form my business stays as it was good value (I own the business) clean tidy with a warm freshly laundered bed, air-conditioning to heat or cool, good shower and well stocked fridge for breakfast or beverages. Big welcome in the bar and shown to my room by a helpful and friendly lady who pointed out the useful stuff as well as the wardrobe and bathroom!!. Just my humour. Great pub within staggering distance and whilst I didnt eat the food smelt wonderful.