- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"All of our party thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff could not have been more helpful- nothing was too much trouble. The main reason for..."
"Portree is a beautiful town and this hotel sits right on the corner of the main road overlooking the harbour. If you are lucky you will catc..."
"Noisy above the road but nice view over the harbour. In June it was unbearably warm with no means of cooling the room which in 2014 is naff...."
"On arrival it looks cheap and nasty .. we wondered whether to bother going in. Public rooms did not help this impression, and corridors are..."
"Hotel staff very friendly. Room well proportioned and comfortable Central location. Excelle..."
About the hotel
With the picturesque harbour of Portree in the foreground and the view of the bay behind, The Royal Hotel is perfectly placed to offer you a quiet, restful retreat during your stay on the magical Isle of Skye. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, short break or are just passing through on business, The Royal Hotel has the facilities to suit the occasion. Our rooms and public areas offer new standards in contemporary style and traditional hospitality.
Our friendly and welcoming staff will be more than happy to direct you to the hidden treasures for which the island has become so famous. The Royal Hotel has 25 rooms, each one a haven of comfort and relaxation, a place where guests can unwind after a busy day climbing, hill walking or sightseeing. Most rooms have outstanding views of Portree Harbour, and all rooms have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, hospitality trays with tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable furnishings. We also have rooms on the ground floor that are specially adapted for people with disabilities. The Tianavaig Restaurant is renowned for its fresh seafood, superior service and the scenic view of Ben Tianavaig across the bay. Our team of chefs take great pride in using the finest quality fresh local produce the island has to offer. MacNabs Inn has a warm, sociable atmosphere, live local bands mostly at weekends and a place to sample our wide range of malts or to enjoy our exclusive "MacNabs Ale", a specialist brew from Skye's only Real Ale Brewery.
Showing Friday 22 May 2015 to Saturday 23 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 20/03/2011 - No Notifications at this time The LateRooms.com rates for The Royal Hotel in PORTREE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel and great staff
All of our party thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The staff could not have been more helpful- nothing was too much trouble. The main reason for our visit was for my cousin visiting from Australia to meet family and the staff helped with this. A special mention must be made for Joan, George our breakfast hosts and the staff on reception.
For the money there are much better options available