- 7 guest reviews
"Excellent service provided by all Staff...."
"Lovely hotel but needs a bit of love..."
"I enjoyed our stay the only hiccup was no entertainment and the hotel dining room could be better run tablewise as we had to wait long for t..."
"All of our party thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff could not have been more helpful- nothing was too much trouble. The main reason for..."
"Portree is a beautiful town and this hotel sits right on the corner of the main road overlooking the harbour. If you are lucky you will catc..."
About the hotel
With the picturesque harbour of Portree in the foreground and the view of the bay behind, The Royal Hotel is perfectly placed to offer you a quiet, restful retreat during your stay on the magical Isle of Skye. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, short break or are just passing through on business, The Royal Hotel has the facilities to suit the occasion. Our rooms and public areas offer new standards in contemporary style and traditional hospitality.
Our friendly and welcoming staff will be more than happy to direct you to the hidden treasures for which the island has become so famous. The Royal Hotel has 25 rooms, each one a haven of comfort and relaxation, a place where guests can unwind after a busy day climbing, hill walking or sightseeing. Most rooms have outstanding views of Portree Harbour, and all rooms have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, hospitality trays with tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable furnishings. We also have rooms on the ground floor that are specially adapted for people with disabilities. The Tianavaig Restaurant is renowned for its fresh seafood, superior service and the scenic view of Ben Tianavaig across the bay. Our team of chefs take great pride in using the finest quality fresh local produce the island has to offer. MacNabs Inn has a warm, sociable atmosphere, live local bands mostly at weekends and a place to sample our wide range of malts or to enjoy our exclusive "MacNabs Ale", a specialist brew from Skye's only Real Ale Brewery.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Nice stay and view
It was a very nice stay, with good weather on the Isle of Sky.
The food in the resaurant was good, but the atmosphere was a little bit waiting room. The drinks in the bar was also good, maybe some time the duke box and the TV make a couple of sound. Georg, the breakfast-waiter was very very competent and give nice travel tips. :-)
It was a super stay and we will come back. Friendly and Competent staff, good drink and food. :-)
Excellent service provided by all Staff.