- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Staying for one night on a business trip. Customer service was good. The dinner was really good (Sunday roast). The Wifi was fast and the be..."
"Pleasant Hotel. Great Food...."
"Cannot fault the Millstone. From the friendly welcome to the friendly goodbye at end of stay. The room was nicely furnished with lots of ind..."
"Great place to stay..."
"Have stayed here on several occasions and good standards have been maintained. The food is locally sourced and very good...."
About the hotel
In the heart of the Ribble Valley, The Millstone at Mellor is set in peaceful scenic Lancashire countryside, just 3 miles from Blackburn, 2 miles from Salmsubury and a 15-minute drive from Preston. Lively Manchester can be reached in a 40-minute drive. The Millstone features an AA-Rosette award-winning restaurant offering creative evening meals and homemade puddings.
The bar serves real local ales and fine international wines. You can indulge in a wonderfully relaxing stay where little touches like fluffy robes, lavender bags, padded hangers, real milk,luxury Pecksniff toiletries and delicious homemade biscuits are all included to ensure you feel truly at home. FREE wifi throughout and FREE on site parking. Part of Thwaites Inns of Characters winners of Best Accommodation Operator at the 2013 Publican Awards.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 21/12/2015 to 02/01/2016 - Please note: Xmas Eve:-usual menu until 9.30pm. Xmas Day, Boxing Day Lunch, New Year's Day:- no other food offering except soup/sandwiches to residents.New Year’s Eve-No food offering unless prebooked The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Over rated and not good value for money
Room was £117 per night, cracked tiles in bathroom mouldy sealant around bath and both the bathroom and bedroom needed a good clean.
Should have stayed for 2 nights checked out after 2. Restaurant very busy however I was surprised with quality of food, had posh fish and chips not enough mushy peas and chips that large they were hard. In saying that the food was very reasonably priced. Breakfast was disappointing limited choice, I opted for the cooked kippers and it was a kipper nothing else. My wife had full English which was again disappointing. Quite a noisy place and was kept awake till well after 1pm.
Really good food, small guest room
Staying for one night on a business trip.
Customer service was good. The dinner was really good (Sunday roast). The Wifi was fast and the bed comfortable. Only problem was the room was a little on the small side but fine for one person for a night.