- Very Good
- 103 guest reviews
"Fantastic Tudor building adding some great character by the fact that it is 2 buildings in one upstairs We had a room in the old part of the..."
"Good value - great place for overnight stay if travelling to Devon or Cornwall...."
"Great building. Staff where very friendly and helpful.Great locaion in centre of the town. Parking permit given for carpark at the rear. Lar..."
"This is the 3rd stay in the last three years at the Hop Pole and again we weren't disappointed. the staff were very friendly and helpful and..."
"We really enjoyed our 3 day stay and wanted to stay longer but we had to get back home. The first room we were offered was on he 3rd floor a..."
About the hotel
Located just off the A38 Church Street, this town-centre landmark is an amalgamation of historic buildings dating from the 15th and 18th centuries, known as The Royal Hop Pole.
We have 28 individual bedrooms; all of our rooms are en-suite and include tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, digital flat screen television and complimentary water as well as complimentary WiFi throughout the bedrooms and bar.
We are an English Heritage hotel and the detail inside reflects this, with a previously undiscovered Medieval Hall upstairs, as well as beautiful fireplace within the pub restaurant.
Breakfast is served 7am until 12 noon providing an excellent selection for the start of the day (not included in rate), food is served till 11pm each evening.
Function room – max of 40 people, plasma tv which can be connected to a lap top, free Wi-Fi, air con - buffet luncheon or hot meals can also be provided.
Our beautiful garden leads to the banks of the river Severn where you can see picturesque views of the surrounding countryside and the Malvern's. The traditional medieval town of Tewkesbury has huge amounts to offer including the impressive Abbey, local boat trips, gift shops and local events which continually run throughout the year. Including the famous Tewkesbury Medieval Festival and the Horse Racing at Cheltenham being only a short 10min drive means we are in an ideal location.
The bus stop is 5 minutes’ walk from hotel with regular buses to Cheltenham, and ‘Ashchurch for Tewkesbury’ is the closest train station, approx. 10 minutes by car.
Euro Car Park, 28 spaces, first come first serve basis – free of charge to residents (pick up a parking permit from reception on check in)
John Moore Museum
Cheltenham Racecourse, Malvern Hills, 3 counties showground are all only 20 minutes by car
Tewkesbury Medieval Festival Every July
Cheltenham Races – The Festival Every March, other races throughout the year
Tewkesbury Mop Fair (October)
Regular Farmers markets and craft fairs
Upton upon Severn Festivals (Jazz/Blues/Folk)
Welland Steam Rally
Royal Three Counties Show
Spring Garden Show
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Fantastic and fasinating place
Fantastic Tudor building adding some great character by the fact that it is 2 buildings in one upstairs
We had a room in the old part of the building
The Royal Hop Pole- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel
Good value - great place for overnight stay if travelling to Devon or Cornwall.