"It was fine but a little dated,..."
About the hotel
WHAT WE OFFER • Central Village Location • • Complimentary (Free) WiFi Internet • • 32" Flat Screen TV's With 'Free View' In All Rooms • • Complimentary (Free) Limited Underground Parking • • Free Public Parking • • Complimentary (Free) Continental Breakfast • • 21 Bedrooms • • 1 Mile From Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • FOOD & DRINKS Fresh Homemade Food, Carefully Selected Wines, Local Real Ales & Juices, Set In a Cosy Bar with Real Log Fire. AMBIANCE • Inglenook Fireplace • Real Log Fire • Original Heavy Oak Beams • • Situated In Picturesque Village • Surrounded By Ashdown Forest • ABOUT THE CHEQUERS The Chequers is a 15th Century Old English Pub complete with Inglenook Fireplace, Real Log Fire, Lounge, Dining Room, Modern Style Hotel, Offering Accommodation Bed & Breakfast (B&B) in East Sussex, Near East Grinstead, Lingfield & Tumbridge Wells. The Chequers is in the Ashdown Forest, part of the High Weald area, which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The 21 rooms are to the quiet rear of the premises, in our 19th-century extension. Conference & Banqueting Facilities are also available. NEAR BY ATTRACTIONS • Winnie The Pooh & Pooh Bridge • • The Bluebell Railway • • Ashdown Llama Park • • Standen Gardens • NEAR BY ACTIVITIES • Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club • • Weir Wood Sailing Club • • Lingfield Race Course • • Northall Clay Pigeon Club • WALKERS & CYCLISTS • Secure Underground Garage For Bicycles • • Hose Pipe Available To Wash Boots & Bikes • • Drying Room Available •
Showing Thursday 2 April 2015 to Friday 3 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Mountain Bike Hire, Tennis Courts, Fishing, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Sailing
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Chequers Inn Hotel in Forest Row are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
41% would recommend it to a friend
Adequate but dated
We arrived at the hotel when it was -2 outside only to find that the radiator hadn't been turned on in the room.
The room did eventually warm up after we managed to get the radiator working. The hotel said a continental breakfast was available so we ventured down to a very poorly lit and empty breakfast room. No one around. Eventually he appeared and said what would u like. A cup of tea was all we requested so we was directed to a kettle which to be fair he did actually switch on. He then pointed to the cereal and various jams and told us to help ourself. No milk no toast and no assistance. We promptly went back to our room grabbed our cases and left. Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.