- 7 guest reviews
"Extremely helpful staff, very friendly. We were able to check in early. Rather small dark room that seemed a bit faded, but very comfortable..."
"Stayed for 1 night as a treat, beautiful room with a four poster bed. Evening meal was amazing and decent portions too. Staff were very acco..."
"We arrived at 11:30pm and were given a very warm welcome and taken to our room which was very traditional. The bed itself was OK, but the pi..."
"Only complaint, I wanted to offer my friends I was visiting a night cap at about 11pm, there was nobody about to serve one at that time. I d..."
"My partner and I had a wonderful time. It was very romantic. We had a lovely four poster room with a gorgeous view. The hotel has a great at..."
About the hotel
The impressive Victorian mansion was built in the 1830's, commissioned by sir William Olgilvy who on his return from Waterloo chose Loyal Hillas the site for this magnificent home. This country house was transformed into a very prominent hotel in the heart of Scotland in 1945. The hall is modeled on one of the magnificent lounges from the famous steamship "the Mauritania" and has warmed, welcomed and comforted its guests in the same unique way as in the days of Sir William Ogilvy himself.
Our 17 on suite bedrooms are all with tea and coffee making facilities, satellite television, telephone and free internet connection. Our highly acclaimed restaurant boasts an extensive a la carte menu offering traditional, yet imaginative food using local fish, game and produce. Our food has earned a deserving feature in the Michelin Guide and to compliment your meal we have an extensive wine list featuring the world's finest wines. We have three dinning rooms, two of which have open fires, providing glorious views and a unique ambiance for that very special evening or party
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Extremely helpful staff, very friendly.
We were able to check in early. Rather small dark room that seemed a bit faded, but very comfortable bed. Bathroom had a bath and separate shower which was nice but again needed some sprucing up. Lovely views. Good walking from the hotel door. Food good, hearty portions
Lands of lovely
Stayed for 1 night as a treat, beautiful room with a four poster bed.
Evening meal was amazing and decent portions too. Staff were very accommodating but if I were to be critical the young lady who showed us to our room didnt tell us about meal times or the arrangements for breakfast, but it wasnt too hard to find out. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting by the fire with a glass of wine :-)