- 26 guest reviews
"Great customer service, always at hand for any queries. Fantastic room with a great upstairs and lounging area. Definitely will return...."
"You always get a warm welcome from Margaret and Jack and their family at Bessiestown. Our room was lovely, high tea an experience to be savo..."
"Beautiful accommodation in a beautiful part of the world. The host were very welcoming and extremely helpful. I will be staying there again...."
"My husband and I stayed here for one night following my daughters graduation at Carlisle cathedral. We can't speak highly enough of this lov..."
"We had arranged to be there by 7pm to partake of the evening meal, but we were held up for 7 hours on the M6! We contacted Margaret and expl..."
About the hotel
This multi award winning, 5 Star Gold, Country Guest House is situated in a magnificent rural setting in the heart of the Debatable Lands, just north of Carlisle, midway between Gretna Green and Hadrian’s Wall Country. Within driving distance to the Lake District or an ideal stop off point for those traveling to or from Scotland. Here a warm, light hearted welcome awaits its guests to peace and quiet, beautiful public rooms, pretty ensuite bedrooms and delicious home cooking, using local ingredients and traditional recipes.
**Own Transport is essential**
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great Quiet Night
Great customer service, always at hand for any queries.
Fantastic room with a great upstairs and lounging area. Definitely will return.
You always get a warm welcome from Margaret and Jack and their family at Bessiestown.
Our room was lovely, high tea an experience to be savoured and the breakfasts set you up for the day. A great location for visiting the Lakes and Scottish boarders. We recommend it to anyone.