- 17 guest reviews
"100 per cent enjoyed our one night stay in a luxurious cottage..."
"Friendly relaxed welcome. Very clean room, ours a little small but more than adequate. Well equipped with a fridge and daily fresh milk. Sta..."
"Difficult to find without directions but once there, very welcoming and friendly hosts and very comfortable rooms. Go for afternoon tea on T..."
"Beautiful guest house. Everything about our stay was excellent. The vintage afternoon tea was yummy. Made to feel very welcome and nothing w..."
"Lovely setting, excellent food, friendly service, beautiful rooms,exceptionally clean with lots of thoughtful extras like fresh milk. This i..."
About the hotel
This multi award winning, 5 Star Gold, Country Guest House is situated in a magnificent rural setting in the heart of the Debatable Lands, just north of Carlisle, midway between Gretna Green and Hadrian’s Wall Country. Within driving distance to the Lake District or an ideal stop off point for those traveling to or from Scotland. Here a warm, light hearted welcome awaits its guests to peace and quiet, beautiful public rooms, pretty ensuite bedrooms and delicious home cooking, using local ingredients and traditional recipes.
**Own Transport is essential**
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Fabulous place to stay for peace, comfort and excellent breakfast
100 per cent enjoyed our one night stay in a luxurious cottage
Lovely weekend bolt hole
Friendly relaxed welcome.
Very clean room, ours a little small but more than adequate. Well equipped with a fridge and daily fresh milk. Staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfasts are to die for and there is the option of an evening meal although we did not partake. We would rate our stay as a 5 star stay. Clear advice on finding the accommodation would be a help. Sat nav tends to take you on narrow B roads but once there the drive is worth it.