- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"The hotel staff were really accommodating as we needed to check in quite late in the evening. The building is very interesting with lots of..."
"We enjoyed our stay at this hotel..."
"I really recommend this place - have no reservations . Only an idiot would not like it here . Staff really lovely. I had worn two odd boots..."
"Rooms in the main house would not be suitable for someone with mobility difficulties, but the rooms in the annex appeared to have easily acc..."
"We arrived later than planned due to traffic and upon calling, the Manager was very kind, ensuring we could still get a meal and helped us q..."
About the hotel
The Bedford Arms Hotel is a charming and friendly country house hotel in the Chiltern village of Chenies, just ten minutes from Junction 18 of the M25. Recently refurbished in a traditional English style, the hotel offers 18 superbly furnished bedrooms, two bars and the famous oak panelled restaurant, widely considered the finest in the area. There are eighteen bedrooms, all of which offer full en-suite facilities and equipped with all modern facilities guests would expect.
Ten of the bedrooms are individually designed and decorated in a traditional style and eight new contemporary designed bedrooms. These include two spacious four-poster suites, one of which has a Jacuzzi. The décor and furnishings capture the style and ambience of the hotel. The majority of bedrooms have wonderful views of either the hotel gardens or the Chiltern countryside. The Oak panelled restaurant, which overlooks the gardens, serves a traditional menu and a large wine list, which has recently been recognised by being awarded an AA rosette for fine food. The Head Chef will be happy to accommodate any special requests that guests may have, whether it be a special dietary requirement, or just a dislike or desire for a particular type of food. These are two bars for guests to enjoy at The Bedford Arms. The Shire Bar is a public bar open for Lunch and Dinner where guests will find a varied snack menu, offering everything from a small bite to eat to a three-course meal. The Cocktail Bar is used by residents and diners alike, and is the perfect setting for a pre-dinner drink before experiencing the A la Carte menu in the main restaurant, or retreating for a post dinner coffee or nightcap before retiring to your room. Hertfordshire is one of the home counties and situated just north of London with Essex to the east, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire to the north and Buckinghamshire to the west. The major attractions in Hertfordshire are Hatfield House (Hatfield), Knebworth House (Knebworth), St Albans Cathedral, Hertford Museum, Berkhamsted Castle, Shaws Corner (a National Trust Property). The cities and countryside are awash with British treasures, rich in heritage and awaiting your visit. So whether UK based or visiting abroad you will find plenty within this section to keep you captivated
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Foreign (European) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
91% would recommend it to a friend
Great place to stay
The hotel staff were really accommodating as we needed to check in quite late in the evening.
The building is very interesting with lots of original features and plenty of character. Our room was clean and spacious with very comfortable beds and it was really quiet at night so we got a good sleep. A fan was provided in the room and lots of little extras like quality biscuits and toiletries. All staff were friendly and helpful, finding an iphone charger for my son to use when he asked. Breakfast was delicious. All in all, a lovely place, definitely recommended.
Very nice hotel
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel