- 4 guest reviews
"After walking the last leg of the North Downs Way our room at The Marquis was very welcome. IT was very nicely furnished - not sure about th..."
"Everything just A1 here..."
"Lovely place to stay so polite at desk room was clean and relaxing bathroom was lovely in room. having your own espresso machine in room was..."
"Well placed for Dover Castle and Canterbury, lovely rural village, food excellent and staff very attentive...."
About the hotel
It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel, which is located only 4. 9 miles from Dover and 6. 3 miles from the Eurotunnel terminal.
The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics – the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. Free Wi-Fi and parking are available to all guests. After an evening of fine food and wine, you can relax in boutique style luxury with an overnight stay in one of The Marquis’s ten individually designed bedrooms, all of which boast sumptuous furniture and fabrics, flat screen TV, contemporary bathrooms, towelling robes and the finest toiletries. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique.
The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Charles Lakin's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st-century styling is exceptional. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Babysitting services , Cots available , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite , Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free)
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely, clean, comfortable room ...and a nespresso machine and homemade biscuits!
After walking the last leg of the North Downs Way our room at The Marquis was very welcome.
IT was very nicely furnished - not sure about the soft toy dog mind you. We each had a long wallowy bath and a nice shower the next morning. It was a hot day and a fan had been provided and was used. The restaurant was the sort of place people dress up to go to - fine dining with amouse bouches but it wasn't ... stuck up. Very friendly staff and excellent food. Breakfast was good too.
Great Kent Location
Everything just A1 here