"We stayed here on a Friday night as we had a wedding in the local area. The hotel itself is situated in a lovely town and the hotel is nice..."
About the hotel
The Spread Eagle has stood imposingly in the heart of historic Thame since the 16th century, famous for its farmer’s market and mile long Main Street. During its colourful history the hotel has played host to Charles II, French prisoners from the Napoleonic wars, famous politicians and writers such as Evelyn Waugh. The Georgian facade is instantly recognisable by all, drawn in by the un-miss able 30-ft inn sign originally designed by Lytton Strachey’s Carrington which has welcomed all our guests for nearly a century.
Our discerning customers needs for a warm welcome, attentive but discreet service and excellent food and wine has not changed since the days of John Fothergill, the hotel’s pioneer innkeeper. The fantastic city of Oxford, with its dreamy spires and punting on the River Thames is within easy reach, along with the historic town of Aylesbury and for shopping addicts, Bicester Outlet Village is only minutes away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
33% would recommend it to a friend
Needs a make over
We stayed here on a Friday night as we had a wedding in the local area.
The hotel itself is situated in a lovely town and the hotel is nice but is in need of updating and a good clean throughout. The bedrooms were extremely dusty, the toilet seat was yellow , as if it had been in a house with someone smoking 50 a day. The bathroom step had a strip of silver masking tape concealing a crack.. The best thing about this hotel, apart from the location is the staff, especially Yasmin, she was extremely helpful and very friendly , a credit to the spread eagle hotel.
Find an alternative
Great location in Thame, however the rooms were undergoing refurbishment and although the room I stayed in was allegedly complete, there were cobwebs hanging from the curtains and the bathroom ceiling.
There were also dirty hand marks over the walls in various places. The food was ok except for the ring of fingerprints around the entire circumference of my plate... The manager was extremely rude and could really do with a change of career - my suggestion would be bin man or roadsweeper possibly. Don't stay here.