- 22 guest reviews
"Very pretty location and within easy road access for getting around Sussex. Proprietor very polite and hospitable. Room very clean and good..."
"The hotel was housed in beautiful well presented grounds which made me feel calm upon arrival. Our friendly host showed us to our room which..."
"This hotel was a lovely little gem nestled in a beautiful country setting. Being close to the A21 meant it was perfectly located for a numbe..."
"A boutique hotel set in attractive grounds offering high standards of comfort and accommodation. Excellent breakfast using all local produce..."
"We really enjoyed our stay and and the room was lovely, with every thing we needed present. the food was great. Would recommend to anyone...."
About the hotel
Claverton House is an elegant Edwardian Property situated within secluded and landscaped gardens. Located in a country lane position off Kent Street A21 in East Sussex. An ideal base to explore the area, steeped in 1066 history.
Battle, with its abbey ruins, is 3 miles, and Rye, with its antique shops and tea houses is 10 miles There are beautiful beaches nearby including Winchelsea, Camber Sands and Hastings. London is 1 hour 10 minutes on the train, Brighton and Dover is 1 hour drive away. We have 7 Sumptuously furnished en suite guest bedrooms all equipped with ample facilities including: Satellite, LCD television, minibar in most rooms, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer and amenities packs. Our licensed and highly acclaimed Fine Dining restaurant overlooks the main garden. Using the finest local produce the restaurant is open Fridays and Saturdays only. Reservations prior to arrival are essential to guarantee a table and avoid disappointment. Visit the many Gardens, National Trust and English Heritage properties, castles and country houses. Also there is plenty of scenic walking, cycling and bird watching nearby for guests to do. Carr Taylor Vineyard provides wine tasting of it's award winning wines and is within easy walking distance.
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 05/11/2015 to 31/12/2017 - Restaurant open for fine dining on Friday and Saturday only. Mon. to Thurs we offer a simpler menu for guests who do not wish to venture out. Reservations essential. Kitchen is closed Sunday evenings The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Stay at Claverton Country House
Very pretty location and within easy road access for getting around Sussex.
Proprietor very polite and hospitable. Room very clean and good value for money where you are afforded your privacy. Breakfast very good, both traditional and continental on offer. Breakfast and Booking Out times generous and thoughtful re. serving within period of 1.5 hours and allowed to book out up until 11.00 am. Would happily recommend this hotel.
The hotel was housed in beautiful well presented grounds which made me feel calm upon arrival.
Our friendly host showed us to our room which was small but cosy, having everything we needed. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well. I think the best part of our stay was the breakfast. I suffer with a disease which limits the food I can eat, but I forgot all about this during breakfast. All tastes and diets were catered for and we were both well fed.
I can not wait to stay here again. Thank you Claverton!