- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Enjoyable overnight stay, room clean, bed & bathroom both lovely size. Only downside was not being able to eat in the restaurant as they had..."
"Superb location with a room looking out over fields and then on to the sea. Ideal location for birdwatching as Titchwell a mile away...."
"Beautiful, quaint English pub accomodation. Excellent service and food. Great room with sea view. Only thing we felt cld be improved is acce..."
"Very relaxing break lovely setting..."
"This was really lovely. The room was clean and smart, the staff really friendly and the breakfast the very best.We would definately recommen..."
About the hotel
Lifeboat Inn is a three star property located in the picturesque village of Thornham near Hunstanton. Just a two minute walk from the marshes and sand dunes. The hotel has been receiving guests since the 16th century.
The Inn's original character has been carefully preserved throughout the hotel. Lifeboat offers the perfect base for which to explore the delightful County of Norfolk. All of the 14 rooms are tastefully furnished and decorated to a high standard creating a stylish and comfortable ambience, whilst still maintaining the traditional characteristics of the hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect from a hotel of this calibre, and most of the rooms have views over Thornham harbour to the sea. The Lifeboat is famous in the area for its food. Some travel miles for a huge bowl of steaming mussels, (available in season) hand picked from beds nearby or for a very special plate of fish and chips with its crispy ale beer batter – two of the most popular dishes from the extensive bar menu. Some guests prefer to select from the day’s special board, based on whats been caught, shot, picked or dug locally each day. Others may choose to enjoy a three-course meal in the more formal dining room accompanied by wine from an interesting and imaginative list, selected predominantly from small growers and bijou vineyards. The summer brings its own charm - a cool beer, gazing over open meadows to the harbour from The Lifeboat, and rolling white horses gently breaking upon Thornham's sandy beach beyond. North West Norfolk has a multitude of interesting places to see and activities to enjoy. Holkham Hall, Sandringham House or Nelson's birthplace at nearby Burnham Thorpe are just a few of the many historic locations nearby. A drive down the coast will take you to many little fishing villages with picturesque quaysides - not to mention all sorts of little shops, galleries and surprises.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Enjoyable overnight stay, room clean, bed & bathroom both lovely size.
Only downside was not being able to eat in the restaurant as they had a wedding the following day so restaurant had been prepped for that the night before but meal in conservatory was tasty. Be aware it is very dog friendly which may be an issue if you have an allergy, as one of us did, but this was only in the public bar area not in the actual room.
Fairly expensive but well worth it.
Superb location with a room looking out over fields and then on to the sea.
Ideal location for birdwatching as Titchwell a mile away.