This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Set in 18 acres of gardens and woodland, this elegant Grade II listed hotel in the unspoilt northern Lake District is family run, offering genuine hospitality in a relaxed, friendly and caring atmosphere in a setting more peaceful than most. Chef-proprietor Adrian Hyde is committed to making imaginative use of fresh local produce wherever possible, and our restaurant enjoys an excellent reputation among locals and visitors alike. The perfect setting for a host of walks, your dog is as welcome to stay here as you are - free of charge!.
During the past five years, the hotel has been completely refurbished. All of our bedrooms are beautifully and individually designed and all now have luxurious bathrooms with large double-ended baths and separate shower units. You will find a fluffy white bath robe, a vase of fresh flowers, a fruit bowl, mineral water and special Gilchrist & Soames toiletries in all of our rooms. We have one ground floor bedroom with its own balcony leading directly onto the garden. This is the only room to boast a whirlpool spa bath. Overwater abounds with wildlife: Cumbria's nesting Ospreys are only three miles away and can sometimes be seen fishing on nearby Overwater Tarn; Red Squirrels delight those fortunate enough to see them taking hazelnuts from their lidded boxes; Greater Spotted Woodpeckers and Nuthatches are among our guests' favourite visitors to the feeding tables; deer are often spotted in our woods and by the pond and we have a substantial badger sett. This is the ideal location for a perfect break from life in the fast lane. Accolades: 3 AA Stars, 1 Red Rosette
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
Unfortunately this hotel is currently not open to bookings through LateRooms.com
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet