- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"This visit was an overnight stop on the way home and a chance to discover a little of Lincoln. The hotel is well placed for access to the ma..."
"We had a large comfortable room overlooking the arboretum. We did feel that the tea making supplies could be updated,very difficult to make..."
"We had a nice stay at the Hillcrest Hotel. It is conveniently situated in a lovely street, a short walk to the cathedral. The hotel,itself i..."
"Good hotel,very pleasant staff,room was good size and clean,10 minute walk to the cathedral and castle,it is very well located,plenty of par..."
"The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was lovely and it was just a short walk to the cathedral and castle...."
About the hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel is a family run hotel which was originally built in 1871 as a Parsonage. It is situated overlooking the arboretum, approximately 10 minutes walk to the Bailgate area of Lincoln, where Lincoln Cathedral, Castle & Steep Hill are situated, also within close walking distance is The Usher Gallery & Lincoln Archives in Rumbold Street. Most of our rooms overlook the Victorian Arboretum, and all offer ensuite bathrooms, mostly with showers, complimentary tea & coffee making facilities in every room, flatscreen television with freeview, FREE WiFi throughout the hotel, all rooms have feather duvets & top pillows, which can be changed if required, please mention at the time of booking.
At Hillcrest Hotel we are pleased to accept dogs by prior arrangement, which will incur a small fee when not booked directly with the hotel. Thank you. We would like to advise all cards given are pre-authorised prior to arrival.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Just an Overnight Stop
This visit was an overnight stop on the way home and a chance to discover a little of Lincoln.
The hotel is well placed for access to the main sights - Cathedral, Castle, Bailgate and Steep Hill shops being close to the top of the hill. The room was nicely decorated with a reasonable amount of storage, though lacking drawer space. The central light was rather bright and not ideally placed. There was a beautiful modern wet room to shower in. We didn't dine at the hotel as we didn't know what we would want when we arrived, but the breakfast next morning was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We had a large comfortable room overlooking the arboretum.
We did feel that the tea making supplies could be updated,very difficult to make a good cup of tea with a tea bag in a small cup.
The hotel is located in an excellent position for exploring Lincoln, we would stay there again.