- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"I stayed at the Hillcrest hotel when I attended a family wedding in Lincoln. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Cathedral. The..."
"A lovely old building in an excellent and quiet location near to the Cathedral. Our room was eccentric in shape but high, light and airy. Th..."
"The hotel is close enough for a short (10min) walk into the city centre and is very close to the Cathedral and Castle. No parking issues and..."
"This visit was an overnight stop on the way home and a chance to discover a little of Lincoln. The hotel is well placed for access to the ma..."
"We had a large comfortable room overlooking the arboretum. We did feel that the tea making supplies could be updated,very difficult to make..."
About the hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel is a family run hotel which was originally built in 1871 as a Parsonage. It is situated overlooking the Arboretum, approximately 5 to 10 minutes walk to the Bailgate area of Lincoln, where Lincoln Cathedral, Castle & Steep Hill are situated, also within close walking distance is The Usher Gallery & Lincoln Archives in Rumbold Street. Most of our rooms overlook the Victorian Arboretum, & all offer ensuite bathrooms, mostly with showers, complimentary tea & coffee making facilities in every room, flatscreen TV with freeview, FREE WiFi throughout the hotel, all rooms have feather duvets & top pillows, which can be changed if required, please mention at the time of booking.
Our bar is open Monday to Saturday until 9pm, but may be closed during quiet periods, which will be advised upon arrival. If you would like to be advised in advance please contact the hotel directly by either email or telephone. Thank you. At Hillcrest Hotel we are pleased to accept dogs by prior arrangement, which will incur a small fee when not booked directly with the hotel. We would like to advise all cards given are pre-authorised prior to arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A very welcoming little hotel
I stayed at the Hillcrest hotel when I attended a family wedding in Lincoln.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Cathedral. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and I enjoyed my stay very much. Breakfast consisted of good portions of hot food as well as coffee and tea, fruit juices, cereals etc.... The room rate seemed expensive to me as an expat living in the Netherlands but when I arrived and realized how close the hotel is to the city and it's beautiful Cathedral, my opinion changed and I now consider it good value for money. Recommended
Overnight at the Hillcrest Hotel
A lovely old building in an excellent and quiet location near to the Cathedral.
Our room was eccentric in shape but high, light and airy. The bed was very comfortable and the shower worked well - exactly what one requires for an overnight stay. Breakfast was taken in the conservatory and was of good quality. The one member of staff was cheery and helpful. All good.