- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"The only complaint I have is the length of time we had to wait to get a drink in the bar before dinner. The staff were obviously doing more..."
"We stayed at The Gables for one night. We ate in the restaurant and also had a cooked breakfast the following morning. The food was very tas..."
"I booked this hotel for one night for my hubbys birthday. I made sure to book the 4 poster room and it was fabulous. The room was lovely and..."
"I was married 💑 in Gretna 47 years ago my husband and l have been back many times.we have found the gables the best place we have stayed at..."
"As soon as you drive up to the hotel you know you are going to have a great stay. A fabulous hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The food..."
About the hotel
Offering Free Wi-Fi and ample free onsite parking, The Gables Hotel is conveniently situated only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 & A75 giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. The Gables is an independent, family owned hotel in the heart of Gretna. The magnificent location, the traditional family feel and the friendly staff has established The Gables as one of the finest hotels in the area.
From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you are assured of a warm, friendly atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble. The Hotels restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, offering the ideal setting to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends and family, boasting a full & varied A La Carte menu complemented by a carefully selected wine list. For those who prefer a less formal setting, our cosy lounge bar offers delicious home cooked bar meals including many traditional favourites. Ideally situated for exploring Dumfries & Galloway, the historic city of Carlisle & the Northern Lakes. Designer shopping at The Gretna Gateway is just minutes away. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to eat with us in our lounge bar or restaurant, we strongly advise booking a table in advance as it can be extremely popular. Please contact the hotel and a table can be reserved for you.
Showing Friday 28 August 2015 to Saturday 29 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
The only complaint I have is the length of time we had to wait to get a drink in the bar before dinner.
The staff were obviously doing more than one job at a time and they were very friendly so it was not a big problem. This is the only negative thing I can think of I the whole time we were there.
Had an enjoyable stay. The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable. Food was excellent
We stayed at The Gables for one night.
We ate in the restaurant and also had a cooked breakfast the following morning. The food was very tasty and well presented. The staff on reception were very welcoming and friendly.
The room was as I expected from viewing on the website and was comfortable.
Our only criticism was that the ground floor corridor to bedrooms got quite warm and stuffy, but the cleaners did prop doors open to try and combat this in the morning whilst they were cleaning the rooms.
I would make a similar comment about the bathroom, when bath/shower used there was no window in our bathroom or extractor fan to clear the heat from the bathroom. These criticisms did not detract from an overall enjoyable stay and we would happily return to stay here again!.