- 12 guest reviews
"the accomadation had no hot water in the taps and no heatung in the room i was freezing and the staff said they would give me a radiator but..."
"Lovely entrance lobby and a really warm welcome. A glimpse in the three reception rooms gave very positive vibes. Our room was the superior..."
"When I arrived at 11pm, there was only one other vehicle in the car park, I guessed therefore that the hotel would not be full. that said, I..."
"Staff were really friendly, food was delicious..."
"From the moment we arrived Lesley-Anne on reception was wonderful. She was so welcoming. We rushed in and out as we were late for a party we..."
About the hotel
Sparth House Hotel is a privately owned Grade ll listed manor house built in 1740 with all the majestic splendour of Georgian architecture, set in its own secluded grounds. The interior has been tastefully decorated with a contemporary classical style to enhance the Georgian architectural features, giving it a unique boutique and elegant ambience. Sparth House Hotel is perfectly situated on the edge of the Ribble Valley countryside within easy reach of the Lake District and the Trough of Bowland.
Close to the near towns of Accrington, Blackburn and Burnley. Nearby there are many historical attractions including Whalley Abbey, Haworth Art Gallery and Clitheroe Castle.
Showing Tuesday 5 May 2015 to Wednesday 6 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
58% would recommend it to a friend
the accomadation had no hot water in the taps and no heatung in the room i was freezing and the staff said they would give me a radiator but did not, did not apologise or deduct money from my bill.
Appalling hotel stay at a hotel that could have potential in the right hands.
A number of areas of concern:
1) electrical unit pouring water when showering
2) Hairs in sink
3) Dinner or rather lack of it:
We booked dinner when we checked in.
When we came down to dinner, it took ten minutes to find someone on reception. We had to stand at the desk and phoned the hotel three times. Eventually the chef in the kitchen came out after knocking on the kitchen door. He managed to find the receptionist.
The receptionist stated we were not expected for dinner despite booking table upon arrival. We were shown to a table and given different menu to advertised. Salmon missing. Either continuously update the website with the correct menu or state that the menu is a sample one.
If had chosen, was it really going to be freshly prepared or heated frozen.
We chose to eat elewhere. 4) Wedding guests extremely noisy at 2am. Would have been nice if at such time, the night porter had asked them to be a little quieter. 5) Breakfast - no menu, so had to guess what was full English. After ordering, the waitress placed them on other tables. Breakfast arrived different to menu. Initially no sauté potatoes. When mentioned, was told no longer on menu due to exploding baked beans. This didn't make sense. Waitress did later bring sauté potatoes which were lovely.
There was very little finesse with the service; plates plonked on the table, strange excuses by staff when you can find them.
There was clearly not any attempt to gain new diners as the restaurant was already laid out for breakfast. 6) Clearly the blunt demand for payment on arrival was due to the staff expecting guests to
leave in the middle of the night due to their own experience of the staff/hotel/service. I have to say the only good part of our stay was the room itself (room 22). However, various poor quality finishes such as horrible plastic toilet roll holder. According to their website, for the £95 room rate, we should have had a room with separate shower.
This is not an experience we shall be repeating and recommend you don't either. I did email the hotel before posting this giving them a chance to respond but no reply. They're obviously not bothered by their version of 'Fawlty Towers'!.