- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Only one complaint, sorry but the younger members of the waiting staff are extremely forgetful, daily we experienced this either at breakfas..."
"Lovely quiet setting staying in one of the Foresters Lodges as we took our dog. My husband played golf and I enjoyed the spa. Sunday lunch w..."
"We were invited to a Ball at Highbullen. The hotel and grounds are beautiful...."
"A fantastic break from start to finish; the accommodation was excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly...."
"Cracking location, great staff; all in all a wonderful place to relax and stay. Will be coming back..."
About the hotel
Highbullen Hotel, Golf and Country Club is beautifully set in a richly wooded 125 acre parkland estate. Boasting breathtaking views towards the romantic Devon landscapes of Exmoor and Dartmoor, the 36 bedroom hotel is truly a hidden treasure, nestling between the Mole and Taw Valleys in mature wooded seclusion. Your stay at Highbullen can be virtually whatever you want it to be with a wide range of experiences and activities.
From the 18 hole par 68 golf course, extensive salmon, sea-trout and brown trout fishing, indoor and outdoor tennis courts (including four new all weather courts), leisure centre with gym and indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, indoor bowls, croquet, snooker, all of which are on site! For those who yearn for the wide open space for their exercise and leisure pastimes, Highbullen provides an ideal base for all the West country has to offer. Locally, scenic walks on Exmoor or the South West Coast Path, horse riding and clay shooting are all available. If you need a bit more of a challenge, rock climbing, sailing, surfing, hiking and mountain bike trails across the rugged moorland, are all just a short drive away. Whatever you fancy Highbullen is that breath of fresh air you need to experience.
Showing Thursday 28 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards, Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 21/02/2013 to 01/04/2013 - The Manor House at Highbullen is currently undergoing a full refurbishment. The annex rooms and leisure facilities are not effected by this and we can still offer a limited dining menu and beverages. The LateRooms.com rates for Highbullen Golf and Leisure Hotel in Umberleigh are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent hotel with stunning views, very good facilities and an excellent breakfast.
Only one complaint, sorry but the younger members of the waiting staff are extremely forgetful, daily we experienced this either at breakfast or in the evening.
Great experience, wonderful views, lovely large room, nice dining room with good quality food.
Lovely quiet setting staying in one of the Foresters Lodges as we took our dog.
My husband played golf and I enjoyed the spa. Sunday lunch was one of the best we have had. Went on a couple of the walks available around the countryside and also went to the coast to visit Appledore. We enjoyed our stay and would certainly go again.