- 21 guest reviews
"We stayed here for two nights (Fri/Sat). The garden is lovely and we felt instantly relaxed after a long journey. The room was spacious and..."
"A very clean large room and bathroom, 5' comfy bed and an excellent breakfast...."
"Great location in a beautiful village very close to Weymouth. Lovely to sit out in the Mediterranean garden with a cup of tea. Comfortable,..."
"Pleasant, clean & comfortable accommodation. Delightful garden! Very friendly & helpful proprietor...."
"Charming helpful hosts, lovely garden, quiet location...."
About the hotel
Just outside Weymouth in a Premier location away from the noise and bustle of town; only 4 miles from Dorchester. The Riverhouse near the River Wey makes a great base for Weymouth or exploring Dorset. The spacious rooms (refurbished Jan 2016) are in converted stables overlooking the garden - ideal for business people or a quiet break.
. There is a traditional local village Inn serving good food within a 5 minute walk. A new WIFI system and flat screen TV in all rooms together with table and chairs. Comfortable and fitted to a high standard it is good location for walking and cycling. This is perfect for exploring Dorset villages & coastline – famously known as the Jubilee Trail or BROADCHURCH after the TV series, only five minutes away down the country lanes – Thomas Hardy Country with Max Gate and Thomas Hardy Cottage just a short drive. FREE PARKING too which is a bonus in this area. The River house is recommended by The Daily Telegraph who refer to it as a little gem serving; It serves English breakfast with locally sourced ingredients in the dining room next to the log burner. . There is also a small art gallery, plant nursery and 13th Century church in the pretty premier location of Upwey Village. In the summer months it is ideal to return to your room, make yourself coffee and sit in the beautiful peaceful Mediterranean garden designed by Michelle Brown a Chelsea Silver Gilt award Winner.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 01/07/2016 to 31/12/2016 - Check in time after 4 pm - earlier by arrangement with the Riverhouse . Address 54 Church Street. Spacious rooms overlooking the garden which is available for customer use. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Relaxing and peaceful accommodation within easy reach of Weymouth
We stayed here for two nights (Fri/Sat).
The garden is lovely and we felt instantly relaxed after a long journey. The room was spacious and clean, the hosts provided excellent breakfast and were very welcoming and friendly throughout. We visited Weymouth during the day, a short 10 minute drive by car, though were told a regular bus route is also an option.
A very clean large room and bathroom, 5' comfy bed and an excellent breakfast.