- 43 guest reviews
"For £30.00 b&b even the stingiest of my mates thought it was good value for some place to stay the night before heading back home in rhe mor..."
"Another ´alright´ room, not overly impressed, again bathroom a bit dated. breakfast good. offroad parking alright apart from the nails, scre..."
"Rooms very dated and shabby. Would rather pay more and go somewhere more up market and better quality. Sink in the rooms really made it old..."
"We stayed here previously and some upgrading has been done. The rooms are better decorated and more inviting. I am slightly disabled and And..."
"The night before I stayed in a Bespoke Hotels room that was the smallest ever and this one broke that record the very next day. No one seeme..."
About the hotel
The Caledonian Hotel have well presented, comfortable accommodation comprising of 17 double rooms, 44 twin rooms, 19 single rooms and 3 triple rooms which are all en-suite. We are located in the center of Ullapool and a short 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal to Stornoway. We offer complementary WIFI in the lounge and bar areas.
The Caledonian is Ideally situated for walkers whether a gentle afternoon stroll by Loch Broom or a little more challenging on some of the best mountains in the UK. Built in the early 1900s, the Caledonian Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in the area. It still boasts a quiet, friendly and welcoming atmosphere and pleasant gardens. The Hotel overlooks Ullapool's working harbour and the colorful fishing boats on Loch Broom. To the right of the hotel is the Fowler Memorial Clock - said to be the most photographed clock in the Highlands. It was first erected in 1899 in memory of Sir John Arthur Fowler (1817-1898) and his family who lived at Braemore House near Corrieshalloch Gorge. However, to help reduce traffic congestion, it was moved to its new home in West Argyle Street in the 1960s. The hotel offers FREE wifi in all public areas.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
For £30.00 b&b even the stingiest of my mates thought it was good value for some place to stay the night before heading back home in rhe morning.And we're Scottish !.
Another ´alright´ room, not overly impressed, again bathroom a bit dated.
breakfast good. offroad parking alright apart from the nails, screws and glass where we left the bikes... Wifi only available in the Lounge really