About the hotel
Private rooms are available in Glenavon which is a family home (NOT guest house/hotel) and as such rooms are normally let on a room only basis however a self service continental style breakfast can be arranged for a small additional charge please book breakfast in advance if required. Located only a few minutes walk from Oban town centre on the road to Glencruitten Golf Club and the nearby riding stables. The shared bathroom and most of the bedrooms are on the ground floor.
All rooms have televisions with DVD players. The full amount plus card fee will be charged to your card upon booking. Card surcharge 4% minimum surcharge £6. No surcharge for delta / uk issued debit cards. To try and ensure that someone is available to check you in an arrival time is requested. Arrivals outwith standard hours (15:00 to 18:00) by arrangement only. Keys may also be collected from The Palace Hotel Oban. Contact numbers are at the front of house.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 02/06/2010 to 31/12/2021 - To avoid delays check in is to be made from The Palace Hotel. Tel 01631 562294. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
OK for the price
The rooms are located in a family house.
Major drawback: Towels are not provided (you can have them only under a 7£ fee), and there also no free internet available.
The bed linen are clean but the rest of the room smells like smoke even if smoking is not allowed in the house. Each room has a sink to be used for cleaning teeth etc, but the shower and toilet are in the same room so when someone is taking a shower nobody can use the toilet. If all the rooms are full it can get busy by the evening. Overall is an ok place if you dont wish to spend a lot of time in the hotel.
Thank you for the time taken to write a review.
As you will be a aware Glenavon is a family home and not a hotel. There are no ensuite facilities at Glenavon however we are generally half the price of a hotel room during the summer. As you point out if you forget your own towels we are able to provide luxury towel bales for hire. There is a strict no smoking policy with a £200 cleaning charge and cancellation of bookings for anyone caught smoking in the building.
We are disappointed that despite having only adults booked that you also made use of the child bed which you had not paid for!