- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Although I only reported it when I left, our toilet leaked quite badly leaving a big puddle around the base of the toilet on the floor. I ha..."
"After an extended journey down thanks to horrendous trafficon the M25 and the A303, the welcome at the Bear was excellent. The receptionist..."
"The accommodation was OK but needed decorating. The carpet was grubby. There was only one chair in a double room and the bed was very narrow..."
"Friendly welcome at the Bear Inn and very helpful staff with fitting 16 of us in for dinner after a long day swimming at Millfield School, e..."
"We stayed in one of the inn's family rooms in the cottages opposite the main pub building. We were pleased to have an adjoining room to put..."
About the hotel
The Bear Inn is a traditional pub in the small town of Street in Somerset. The inn boasts a spacious interior filled with cosy corners and a large garden and terrace to enjoy in the summer months. Food is served all day and our traditional menu and daily food offers mean you can be assured of great quality and value at every visit.
Street was a small farming community until the mid 19th century when Cyrus Clark set up his shoe factory and built housing and leisure facilities to provide for his workers. Now, the manufacturing arm has moved abroad and the old workshops have been turned into a retail village offering designer and high street clothes at outlet prices. The town is located in a rural area, less than 2 miles from Glastonbury and only 10 minutes from the M5. Our accommodation consists of 24 comfortable and spacious rooms situated either above the pub or in our neighbouring cottages. We are located a minute’s walk from the retail village at the edge of the town.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/03/2016 to 21/03/2025 - Please note some of our rooms are located within cottages adjacent to the main building The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
The Bear Inn by Marstons Inns
Although I only reported it when I left, our toilet leaked quite badly leaving a big puddle around the base of the toilet on the floor.
I had a front of building room which I wouldnt recommend as their was lots of noise out the front with different groups way into the early hours.
An enjoyable stay
After an extended journey down thanks to horrendous trafficon the M25 and the A303, the welcome at the Bear was excellent.
The receptionist was very hepful and explained that our room was not in the hotel itself but in a cottage a few yards away. We found this without difficulty and there was plenty of free parking. (At the main site the car park is pay and display but you do get the money back from the hotel.) The room was reasonably spacious and well presented. The room would have earned a six for quality, but for the fact that the soap dispenser in the washbasin was broken, and clearly had been for some time. When we went to the main hotel to eat although we had not booked, a space was quickly found for us and the service was very good. Quality and quantity of food was also very good: although it is a standard sort of "chain pub" clearly thought has been given to developing the menu and my request to omit chips and include a salad was met with "Of course you can". Breakfast the following morning was again of excellent quality and well served.
All in all an enjoyable stay.