- 13 guest reviews
"The hotel was absolutely fantastic the staff and owners were excellent and very welcoming. will definitely be staying here again...."
"Really wonderful wee inn with great food and service. Sadly we were only staying for one night in the middle of travelling but would definit..."
"Great service, due to my early mornings they were very happy to help with a breakfast tray to my room. Great rooms and atmosphere!..."
"this was our 4th stay here and no doubt wont be our last ,our room was as usual spotless and the food great ,staff welcoming and helpful .wo..."
"good location. excellent food and lovely staff. highly recommended...."
About the hotel
The Royal Oak Appleby, a historic 17th Century coaching inn recently awarded a Visit Britian 4 Star inn Accolade offering excellent value food and accommodation in the heart of the Eden Valley. Ideally situated just off the A66 half way between Scotch Corner and junction 40 of the M6 enroute to or from Scotland. Whether you are looking for a one-night stopover as you enjoy the Pennine Way / Settle-Carlisle railway, a base for a family holiday or an inspirational venue for that weekend break you have been promising yourself, we can help.
Our recently refurbished restaurant offers a menu of regularly-changing seasonal specials, using the finest ingredients from local suppliers, and can accommodate up to 60 diners for a special occasion. The Royal Oak prides itself on its award winning Cask Conditioned Beers, the Inn is Cask Marqued (For the pubs that serve the perfect pint) and is one of the first outlets in Cumbria to achieve the Beautiful Beer Gold Award. We are Dog Friendly for your well behaved pets at a cost of £15 per night, additional guests in each room is at a rate of £25 per night.
Showing Friday 29 April 2016 to Saturday 30 April 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was absolutely fantastic the staff and owners were excellent and very welcoming.
will definitely be staying here again.
Really wonderful wee inn with great food and service.
Sadly we were only staying for one night in the middle of travelling but would definitely visit again.