- Very Good
- 40 guest reviews
"Motel accommodation, a little outdated but comfortable and good value. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good wifi connection and plenty..."
"Myself and my wife only stayed a single night here. Room was a twin bed as no doubles were available. Beds comfortable. Plenty of free parki..."
"Only downside was that room was above a party that went on until 11pm. Sounded as though it was in our room. Nothing a glass of wine in the..."
"My niece and I needed a room to break our journey. The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was very good value for mon..."
"Excellent value for money...."
About the hotel
Ideally located in the beautiful Chiltern countryside, this privately owned hotel & restaurant is but a short distance from the M1 and M25 motorways and a brief walk from Hemel Hempstead railway station that serves both London Euston and Birmingham New Street. For those on business, the Maylands Avenue and Buncefield industrial estates are a ten-minute drive away. The 25 en-suite rooms are all warm, inviting and comfortable with most of them featuring scenic views over the quiet and tranquil gardens.
All rooms include FREE Wi-Fi and satellite TV (including Sky Sports and movie channels), an iPod docking station, hairdryer, ironing facilities, trouser press and hospitality tray providing tea, coffee and biscuits. With rooms types ranging from good sized doubles to spacious family suites and elegant four-poster rooms, there is something to suit everyone whatever the occasion. The award-winning Conservatory Restaurant offers fine-dining in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The Head Chef’s passion for creating wonderfully dishes is exemplified by the extensive use of fresh locally sourced produce and ingredients, including Mr Waller’s Aylesbury duck and Rickett’s Butchers fine meats. Such commitment has resulted in a seasonal menu that serves up a delightful array of contemporary and traditional English dishes. The Restaurant is open Monday to Saturday evenings from 6. 30pm and on Sunday from noon where diners can enjoy a traditional 3-course Sunday lunch. If you would like to dine in the restaurant please ask to reserve a table when making a booking. Please note that the restaurant is closed Sunday evenings, but a selection of sandwiches will be available. For those seeking leisure activities there are many options close by; the Snow Centre for skiing and snowboarding, riding stables and a number of golf clubs too. The hotel is also ideally located for visiting Woburn Safari park, Whipsnade Zoo, Waddesdon Manor and Warner Bros, Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. The hotel is located in a 'Designated New Town' which means that it was completely redesigned and rebuilt after World War 2 though the 'Old Town' as affectionately referred to by residents is still standing. In the town, there is a plethora of things guests to the hotel can do such as The Snow Centre offering indoor skiing and snowboarding on a 160m main slope with perfect conditions all year around. For those looking for something a little slower, Little Hay and Shendish Manor both have 18 or 9-hole Golf courses with 'pitch and putt' and Little Hay also offers tuition.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Motel accommodation, a little outdated but comfortable and good value.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good wifi connection and plenty of parking.
Clean place and good parking
Myself and my wife only stayed a single night here.
Room was a twin bed as no doubles were available. Beds comfortable. Plenty of free parking on site. The room itself is OK, TV was rubbish where only a couple of channels worked. Bathroom was OK, shower worked well and provided plenty of hot water. Toilet took ages (maybe 10 minutes) to re-fill before you could flush it again.