- 86 guest reviews
"The Centre is really Ok for a nights accommodation - the rooms are somewhat basic though upgraded rooms are available. Certainly if you want..."
"Friendly staff and the room was clean but shabby. Good breakfast, but my wife required a gluten-free meal. This was available, but the kitch..."
"It was difficult to know if we were at the correct hotel as the photos displayed are of the museum part of the building not the hotel part...."
"It was difficult to find the hotel as the entrance looks nothing like the photo's. I paid for a double room for two people but our bed was a..."
"The photo in the advert shows the Manor House but that is not where we stayed. The room was small but comfortabele. WE loved the pool!!! The..."
About the hotel
Lydiard House is an 18th century Grade 1 listed mansion set in 260 acres of stunning parkland. It's just a short drive from junction 16 of the M4 on the outskirts of Swindon and offers an excellent range of facilities including ample free car parking. Other facilities include an indoor swimming pool and sauna and is an excellent choice for your stay, whether business or pleasure.
All our bedrooms are en-suite with tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. In the evenings guests can relax in our fully licensed bar and lounge area where snacks and evening meals are served. Lydiard is ideally located for visiting the cities of Bath, Bristol, or Reading and exploring the Cotswolds. Closer by is the McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village with 90 stores offering designer and luxury brands, for all your shopping needs.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Indoor Pool , Sauna
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 08/02/2014 to 20/07/2016 - There may be a wedding/event taking place. Please contact venue for further information. Please contact venue for food/beverage requirements. Please use entrance to park off Hay Lane, Grange Park. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
64% would recommend it to a friend
Swindon stop over
The Centre is really Ok for a nights accommodation - the rooms are somewhat basic though upgraded rooms are available.
Certainly if you want to relax in the Pool and run in the surrounding area is a good choice. West Swindon Shopping Centre is close by for entertainment and certain places to eat. Very Welcoming staff is a bonus after a long day.
OK, but would look elsewhere next time
Friendly staff and the room was clean but shabby.
Good breakfast, but my wife required a gluten-free meal. This was available, but the kitchen and waiting staff need training about avoiding cross-contamination of gluten-free food - my wife had to intervene to stop her bread being put through the toaster with other bread. We chose this hotel because it was very close to where we need to be next morning. Another time I think we will look for a B&B elsewhere because I think we could get better value.