- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"The Hotel is in a 16th century building and keeps a lot of original features. One of the things is that the floor is very uneven reflecting..."
"Second time I have stayed at the Crown in Nantwich. I go for Holy Holly Day and it is a very central location. The hotel is quirky, the buil..."
"The room was quirky - don't think there was a straight wall anywhere in the room. The stairs were at different angles, but they were navigab..."
"Staff friendly and helpful..."
About the hotel
An ideal hotel location for tourist, corporate and wedding accommodation for visitors to Nantwich, Crewe and the South Cheshire area. The Crown Hotel is a Grade II listed building based in the beautiful historical market town of Nantwich and has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than four hundred years. The three storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583 and quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth I, with timbers from the nearby Delamere Forest.
Recently refurbished, the Crown retains many original features including an abundance of oak beams; wattle and daub walls and roaring fires, yet offers every possible amenity for todays modern traveller.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Character and historic place
The Hotel is in a 16th century building and keeps a lot of original features.
One of the things is that the floor is very uneven reflecting the fact that the building is not straight. You can face this as a problem or just a very visible proof of how old the building is. The restaurant is very good and the hotel is walking distance from the town historic centre, the park and the train station. The only thing I would improve is the shower, which was a bit outdated.
Historic but not a great stay!
The hotel is over 500 years old ,So you obviously have to make allowance for the uneven floors etc.My room a single basic as I was expecting, But the bed not comfortable which I wasn't.
Good choice of food,Although my meal sea bass was very disapointing for £15,Very small portion and far too much butter not just on the fish,But the two sprigs of broccoli you got with it.
The hotel is nice and central though,And most of the staff were friendly.