- Very Good
- 91 guest reviews
"great place to stay, comfortable room, albeit a little narrow, easy walk to center of city..."
"We enjoyed our stay at Channings. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. If there is..."
"This hotel is a very characterful converted Georgian town house, set on a quiet road just on the other side of Dean Bridge to Princes Street..."
"No real complaints. Would have given the room full marks but for some design issues..... Not handy that the kettle needs to be on the floor..."
"My favorite hotel in edinburgh. Great location and great staff...."
About the hotel
Channings Hotel is doubtlessly one of the friendliest hotels in Britain. Boasting the rare charm of allowing the comforts and atmosphere of a country house, but in a decidedly urban setting. Overlooking spectacular private gardens and nestled on a quiet, cobbled street – the residence compromises 5 Edwardian houses sympathetically restored to provide a relaxed, club-like atmosphere.
During your stay you will be accommodated in one of our 41 individually decorated bedrooms, which include three suites and a four-poster bedroom. Guest are given the wonderfully indulgent option of choosing a rooms with a slipper roll top bath, or Jacuzzi. For a truly romantic stay why not spoil yourself in a luxurious four-poster bed and bath in an oval bath designed for two, with a decor consisting of antique furniture and prints, in deep rich colour. Foodies will be delighted to discover the fabulous Channings Restaurant – serving award-winning food in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The hotel reserves the right to pre authorise the credit card used to guarantee the reservation 24 hours prior to arrival.
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Channings in Edinburgh are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
great place to stay, comfortable room, albeit a little narrow, easy walk to center of city
Would I book here again - Yes
We enjoyed our stay at Channings.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. If there is a downside, it would be that daytime parking in the street is chargeable during the day for a maximum of 4 hours at £1 per hour. No charges from 5.30 pm to 8.30 am. In the grand scheme of things that is not such an issue, and should not detract from a visit.