- 1 guest reviews
"Lovely room, very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely. The owners were so nice - we arrived very late, but they were so helpful and very kind..."
About the hotel
Lovely bed and breakfast accommodation beside Talyllyn lake, in Snowdonia National Park, one of the most beautiful corners of Wales. Sara and Carl warmly invite you to stay in this stunning 17th Century Welsh farmhouse, situated at the foot of the awe-inspiring mountain of Cader Idris and nestling by the side of the beautiful Talyllyn lake. When we first saw Dolffanog Fach we immediately fell in love with its charm, character and gorgeous setting.
Traditional stone and slate combines with an warm and cosy internal decor. We try to create a home from home atmosphere. In winter there are roaring log fires and in summer the delightful gardens to enjoy. All our rooms are tastefully decorated and named after children's authors. All our quilts and pillows are Polish Goose down, all our linen is crisp Egyptian cotton. Dolffanog Fach is set in a walker's paradise with everything from a gentle stroll around the lake to a full day's climb up Cader Idris. Step out from our front door and you are surrounded by footpaths that entice you to explore. For the cyclist, several dedicated routes run past us, and the internationally renowned mountain biking centre at Coed y Brenin is close by. Back at Dolffanog Fach, relax in our Finnish sauna, in the large garden or by the fire. A delicious three-course dinner is available on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Enjoy freshly prepared local or home-grown organic produce, freshly cooked and served in the intimate candlelit atmosphere of our slate-floored dining room. A varied wine list and local beer is available too. This is a very special place and it's important to us to offer all our guests a very friendly and welcoming place to stay. Lots of little touches make Dolffanog Fach a step up from the average guest house and our main aim is to ensure all our guests have a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Wake Up Call Available , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Fishing , Sailing , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely room, very comfortable.
Breakfast was lovely. The owners were so nice - we arrived very late, but they were so helpful and very kind to us. Definitely recommend.