- 57 guest reviews
"Wheeler 's cottage is everything you could wish for from a B&B plus homemade cake! There was a warm welcome, lovely clean, comfortable and m..."
"Nice cottage in country , people could not be more obliging they really put a lot of effort into service, Room was small though , Bathroom/s..."
"Quality of room was good but the size of room was a bit cramped. Fine for one night though...."
"Idyllic, peaceful cottage near Fordingbridge with easy access to attractions in New Forest. I stayed with my Mum in a spotlessly clean twin..."
"Great holiday base in lovely country surroundings. Easy access to walks or routes to popular areas around the new forest. Family run busines..."
About the hotel
Welcome to our home, this newly refurbished Cottage is situated on the outskirts of Alderholt, with stunning views across Hampshire down towards the river Avon at Fordingbridge. To the east we have woodlands and west is the wonderful Dorset coast. .
A great place to stay near the edge of the New Forest, where you can also tour the South coast, with Bournemouth just 25mins drive away. We are in a quiet country lane, with a lovely garden where you can relax after your day and enjoy with a pot of fresh coffee and homemade cake. Destinations close to us;- Salisbury 9 miles Southampton 26 miles Dorchester 40 miles Local attractions include:- Moors Valley Country park (5 miles)- with cycle tracks/country walk guides/Go Ape/Golf course/pitch and putt/Miniature train and adventure play trail - a must for all the family! Salisbury, with its stunning Cathedral Rural walks/cycle trails - starting from Wheelers Cottage or further afield within the New Forest - catching up with the resident ponies. Fishing on the River Avon is another big attraction, along with many local lakes and rivers. Alderholt Mill - a picturesque working water mill open to the public at weekends and just yards from The Stables
Showing Wednesday 6 May 2015 to Thursday 7 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Pitch n' Putt, Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Lounge Menu, Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/06/2011 to 30/06/2020 - Please be aware that although a credit/ debit card is required to secure your reservation, payment is in cash or cheque on arrival. The LateRooms.com rates for Wheelers Cottage in FORDINGBRIDGE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
98% would recommend it to a friend
Wheeler 's cottage is everything you could wish for from a B&B plus homemade cake.
There was a warm welcome, lovely clean, comfortable and modern room with the best breakfast.
Week end break
Nice cottage in country , people could not be more obliging they really put a lot of effort into service, Room was small though , Bathroom/shower was good with toiletries,