- 48 guest reviews
"This was our third visit to this wonderful b&b. From the moment we arrived, when our cases were taken to our room and a very welcome tea and..."
"this is our 2nd visit, the food, accommodation and cleanliness was again 1st rate, and the owners, were very kind considerate and friendly...."
"Very quaint place in countryside, would definitely stay again, lovely food, very clean and Comfortable..."
"Wheeler 's cottage is everything you could wish for from a B&B plus homemade cake! There was a warm welcome, lovely clean, comfortable and m..."
"Nice cottage in country , people could not be more obliging they really put a lot of effort into service, Room was small though , Bathroom/s..."
About the hotel
Welcome to our home, this newly refurbished Cottage is situated on the outskirts of Alderholt, with stunning views across Hampshire down towards the river Avon at Fordingbridge. To the east we have woodlands and west is the wonderful Dorset coast. .
A great place to stay near the edge of the New Forest, where you can also tour the South coast, with Bournemouth just 25mins drive away. We are in a quiet country lane, with a lovely garden where you can relax after your day and enjoy with a pot of fresh coffee and homemade cake. Destinations close to us;- Salisbury 9 miles Southampton 26 miles Dorchester 40 miles Local attractions include:- Moors Valley Country park (5 miles)- with cycle tracks/country walk guides/Go Ape/Golf course/pitch and putt/Miniature train and adventure play trail - a must for all the family! Salisbury, with its stunning Cathedral Rural walks/cycle trails - starting from Wheelers Cottage or further afield within the New Forest - catching up with the resident ponies. Fishing on the River Avon is another big attraction, along with many local lakes and rivers. Alderholt Mill - a picturesque working water mill open to the public at weekends and just yards from The Stables
Showing Sunday 30 August 2015 to Monday 31 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Pitch n' Putt, Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Lounge Menu, Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/06/2011 to 30/06/2020 - Please be aware that although a credit/ debit card is required to secure your reservation, payment is in cash or cheque on arrival. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
98% would recommend it to a friend
Welcome return to this wonderful B&B
This was our third visit to this wonderful b&b.
From the moment we arrived, when our cases were taken to our room and a very welcome tea and cakes were provided even though it was gone 9 o'clock, we were made to feel welcome. The rooms are small but we'll decorated and comfortable. The food is wonderful, homemade biscuits in the room and a good choice for breakfast and then there is freshly homemade bread and scones if you can fit them in. Our relatives have moved from Ringwood down to Bournemouth, but we shall still stay here when we come to visit them. Thank you again. Look forward to our next visit.
Short break to the New Forest,
this is our 2nd visit, the food, accommodation and cleanliness was again 1st rate, and the owners, were
very kind considerate and friendly.