- Very Good
- 30 guest reviews
"The hotel service was great until check and they tried to take money from a card when in fact told i had cash. And no notes had been left. T..."
"Hotel is very conveniently located. Very comfortable room, full of charcter. Excellent breakfast...."
"We enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly & helpful. Two slight downsides, we stayed on a Monday & Tuesday breakfast was only 7-9 am..."
"Being a blue badge holder I was promised a car space but none was available - my husband had to drop me and search around the town for a car..."
About the hotel
The Wessex Royale Hotel is a delightful Georgian era hotel located in the centre of Dorchester. With classically designed rooms and an excellent central location, The Wessex Royale is ideal for a relaxing break. The Hotel was built in 1756 and features all of the elegance and classic features you would expect from such a property, including fireplaces, panelling and a magnificent grand staircase.
Bedrooms display a charming and traditional character with supremely comfortable furnishings to help you feel well rested. All rooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with a bath and power shower, premium digital channels and Wireless Internet connections to help you wind down with "home away from home" comforts and little touches that truly make you feel welcome. The á la carte restaurant is open each evening and offers a variety of traditional and exciting new dishes. The meals on offer are of a consistently excellent standard, making the restaurant popular with guests and locals alike. Fully refurbished with air conditioning, offering a wide range of traditional and new world wines to compliment your meal, you are assured a meal of the highest quality.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Noisy room, dated interior in a poor quality conversion
The hotel service was great until check and they tried to take money from a card when in fact told i had cash.
And no notes had been left. The room was ok apart from noisey people in the next suite. And shower curtain smelt fusty.