This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The Malt Shovel is a Grade II listed freehold Public House which offers Bed & Breakfast accommodation. We are family run business in the heart of the Lambourn valley, West Berkshire. The Malt Shovel underwent a renovation in 2007 and has been sympathetically renovated, in keeping with its reputation as a favourite watering hole for the racing fraternity for miles around.
We are situated in the village of Upper Lambourn, at the heart of the racing community and surrounded by the magnificent Lambourn Downs. It has always been frequented by an impressive but unpretentious clientele who love The Malt Shovel's friendly ambience. Indeed locals have gathered here for hundreds of years in what was previously the old village bakery. The Pub combines its friendly atmosphere with a fresh stylish décor, throughout the traditional bars where fresh locally sourced, home cooked food is served, accompanied by fine wines. Both the bar and the restaurant areas have been designed to meet all tastes and provide a high level of comfort throughout from our plush leather sofas to our fully air conditioned bars or Log burner fires depending on the English weather. Our aim is to provide an environment where everyone is welcomed and feels at home. Our exquisite rooms are superbly fitted with extremely large comfortable beds and the heated tiled bathroom floors all aimed to make your stay an absolute pleasure and compliment the friendly and relaxed atmosphere found throughout the pub. In the morning you can enjoy watching the local horse racing yards exercising their string of Racehorses from the comfort of your bedroom or enjoy the natural wakeup call of their hooves whilst snuggled up in your Queen size bed. The Malt Shovel is steeped in Racing history but if racing is not your thing don't think you will be out of place here, we are closely located to other local attractions such as White Horse Hill & Ashdown House, a short drive from Reading, Newbury & Swindon all great for an afternoon shopping and a little further afield but worth a visit if you have the time is Bicester Outlet Village. The Malt Shovel leads the way in an era of small, comfortable and popular pubs that become a focal point for their local community and provide a welcome haven for locals and visitors alike. We hope you join us soon . . . . . '
Showing Saturday 23 May 2015 to Sunday 24 May 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Malt Shovel in Berkshire are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet