- Very Good
- 170 guest reviews
"Enjoyed our stay basic but clean, comfortable and great location...."
"Needed somewhere to stopover while travelling onto other parts is Scotland. Excellently situated near train stations...."
"Rather a seedy and run-down part of the city centre though very convenient for everywhere, especially the Central Station. The reception are..."
"Clean, spacious an very central..."
"Excellent value for money for a city centre hotel...."
About the hotel
**Free Wifi in all rooms** The Alexander Thomson Hotel is historic Victorian era building which forms the Architectural landscape of the city. The Hotel has very high ceilings and windows from that era and every effort is put in to retain as much originality as possible. Located in the heart of the City Centre and close to Central Station.
Most of our rooms are large with large Bathrooms also. The Rooms are recently refurbished and have all the necessary amenities required by a business traveler or leisure guest. Complimentary tea/coffee and mineral water, direct dial telephone, Flat Screen TV's with digital freeview channels, Iron & Ironing Board & hairdryers etc ensure a very comfortable stay. Traditional Scottish Breakfast is included in the price and there is a Bar which opens till the "wee hours" of the morning for Hotel Guests. There is also a quiet lounge for people to sit and relax which also has free wifi access for residents only. Come and enjoy the beautiful city and our warm and friendly service.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar, Breakfast to go
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Good Cheap hotel
Enjoyed our stay basic but clean, comfortable and great location.
glad we only booked one-night
Hotel is situated in a run down part of the city, and the Alexander Thomson hotel is in need of a major refurbishment and a chef that can produce a proper Scottish breakfast, eggs were like rubber sausages were not good quality , and the toiletries in the room were minimal